[comp.sys.mac] printscreen querry??????

3040_3744@uwovax.uwo.ca (02/06/90)

How do you print more than 1 directory on an SE.  What I mean is can you do
a print screen of the desktop so that more than one directory CAN BE PRINTED
out.  (Hard copy of the screen)????????--
----
From Dick Puddephatt's band of desparados.

 BITNET

  3040_3744@UWOVAX.BITNET
                                        MAIL:  Room 103, Chemistry Building
					       University of Western Ontario
                                               LONDON, Ontario, N6A 5B7

                                        PHONE: (519) 679-2111 ext 6337

clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu (Chaz Larson) (02/06/90)

In article <4904.25cdb25d@uwovax.uwo.ca> 3040_3744@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:

>What I mean is can you do
>a print screen of the desktop so that more than one directory CAN BE PRINTED
>out.  (Hard copy of the screen)????????--
>----
if I am reading this correctly, you want to arrange the desktop so that you
can see several directories, then print the resulting collage of windows.
Pressing Command-Shift-4 will do this to a direct-connect ImageWriter.  The
Caps lock key controls whether or not all windows print, but I can't recall
just now which way.  If the key is up/down, just the active window will
print, while if the key is in the opposite position, the entire screen will
print.

However, if you want output like this:

MyHardDisk
 Desktop
 Filename
 Folder1
  Filename1
  Filename2
  Filename3
 Folder2
  Filename1
  Filename2
  Filename3
.
.
.

I'm afraid you'll have to use a utility such as Disk Ranger, Retrospect, or the
like.

<chaz>

                 Chaz Larson - clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu
            "Hey, I'm no Jack Kennedy..." - Flaming Carrot