[comp.sys.mac] Human Interface Notes

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (02/06/90)

The first six Apple Human Interface Notes are now available for FTP
from Apple.com (130.43.2.2).  They cover:

 1 - User Observation: Guidelines for Apple Developers
 2 - Design Principles for On-Line Help Systems
 3 - Dueling Metaphors: the Desktop & HyperCard
 4 - Movable Modal Dialog Boxes
 5 - What "Cancel" Means
 6 - Window Positions

and are in BinHex/StuffIt format (MacWrite files). These Notes are
updates to the _Human Interface Guidelines_ and will be released
on a similar schedule to Technical Notes (hopefully every other month).

Look in the ~ftp/pub/dts/human.interface directory and at trusty archive
sites all over the Internet in the near future.  Send your comments and
suggestions to MacInterface@AppleLink.Apple.com.

--
Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_

rlw@ttardis.UUCP (Ron Wilson) (02/07/90)

In article <38378@apple.Apple.COM>, mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) writes:

>The first six Apple Human Interface Notes are now available for FTP
>from Apple.com (130.43.2.2).  They cover:

>and are in BinHex/StuffIt format (MacWrite files). These Notes are
>updates to the _Human Interface Guidelines_ and will be released
>on a similar schedule to Technical Notes (hopefully every other month).
>--
>Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson

Considering that these are also applicable to the IIgs, why not have these
(also) in plain ASCII format?

I mean, not every one can afford a Mac.

(PS: I do my development on an IBM PC compatable and then do the compiles on
my IIgs)

- Ron Wilson