[comp.sys.mac] Nisus vs. Word questions

hbh@gator.cacs.usl.edu (Hubert B. Hickman) (02/02/90)

I have read recently in the postings that there is an offer available to
get Nisus at the educational discount of $99.00.  I am considering this,
but as a Word 4.0 user, I would like to know how Nisus compares to Word 4.0.
In particular, I am looking at Nisus for articles/dissertation(s) in
tecnical fields (my field is comp. sci., my wife's is operations research).
Thus, I have the need for inline graphics (which Word has), outlining
(I have used Word 4.0's outliner without too much trouble),
auto-numbering of figures/tables/equations, and crossreferences.
Which of these features does Nisus have?

I know of the Wordref program available at sumex for xrefs in Word 4.0.  Is
there an equivalent feature in Nisus which can be used to create a
bibliography? Also, does the commercial product Endnote work with Nisus?

If there is interest, I will post a summary.

nilesinc@well.UUCP (Avi Rappoport) (02/07/90)

In article <2931@rouge.usl.edu> hbh@gator.cacs.usl.edu (Hubert B. Hickman) writes:
>I know of the Wordref program available at sumex for xrefs in Word 4.0.  Is
>there an equivalent feature in Nisus which can be used to create a
>bibliography? Also, does the commercial product Endnote work with Nisus?

EndNote doesn't work with Nisus -- yet.  If all goes well, there will
be an announcement in a couple of months.

--
-- Help me justify my online bills: ask me EndNote questions, please! --
Avi Rappoport                  nilesinc@well.UUCP, Niles.Assoc on AppleLink