[comp.sys.mac] Questions about APDA...

871419l@aucs.uucp (C. C. Li) (02/08/90)

   When I was filling the information for joining the APDA, I came
 across the following sentence,
   "  All customers living outside the United States must also
    complete and return the International Letter of Assurance
    and Product End-Use Questionnaire with their application."
   I am living in Canada, so the International Letter of Assurance
 is needed for me, but what is it actually? Could someone out there
 give me the clue please!
   Thanx.

*-------------------------------*---------------*----------------------*
* Chi Chiu Li              ___                  |                      *
* 871419l@AcadiaU.CA      /   ) /               |             (__)     *
*                        /     /--/ *           |             (**)     *
*                       /____)/  / / /_/        |           /~_\/-~\   *
*-------------------------------*---------------*----------------------*

rickf@Apple.COM (Rick Fleischman) (02/08/90)

In article <1990Feb7.164711.1555@aucs.uucp> 871419l@aucs.UUCP (C. C. Li) writes:

>   When I was filling the information for joining the APDA, I came
> across the following sentence,
>   "  All customers living outside the United States must also
>    complete and return the International Letter of Assurance
>    and Product End-Use Questionnaire with their application."
>   I am living in Canada, so the International Letter of Assurance
> is needed for me, but what is it actually? Could someone out there
> give me the clue please!
>   Thanx.
>
>*-------------------------------*---------------*----------------------*
>* Chi Chiu Li              ___                  |                      *
>* 871419l@AcadiaU.CA      /   ) /               |             (__)     *
>*                        /     /--/ *           |             (**)     *
>*                       /____)/  / / /_/        |           /~_\/-~\   *
>*-------------------------------*---------------*----------------------*

In order to ship you any product outside the U.S., the U.S. Dept. of Commerce
requires that we have a Letter of Assurance and a Product End-Use
Questionnaire on file for you.  In general, the Letter of Assurance is your
assurance to us that you will not re-export the product we ship to you to
a place that is illegal according to U.S. Export regulations.  The Product
End-Use Questionnaire asks several questions relating to how you are going
to use the product.  The questions specifically relate to your possible
use of a product to assist in the production of products relating to
nuclear weapons (i.e. plutonium, heavy water, etc.)

If you would like to see a Letter of Assurance and Product End-Use
Questionnaire, they are located on the rear side of the product order
form included in every APDAlog.

Rick Fleischman
Developer Channels/APDA
Apple Computer, Inc.