[comp.sys.mac] Is there a better macro utility out there ?

franklin@uvicctr.UVic.CA.UUCP (Katherine Franklin) (02/06/90)

Apple's MacroMaker utility, that comes on with the Mac, just doesn't do
what I want it to. Is there a better tool that I can use instead ? Some
of the things that I want to do (and can't seem to in MarcoMaker - correct
me if I'm wrong)

	1. Build a composite macro that use macros already saved.
	2. Multiple Macro files open at a time (changing files constantly
	   can be a pain!!)
	3. Editable scripts (I hate having to re-do the entire script to
	   remove one click), or Macro tools that can be inserted into
	   the script; like forcing a pause [clicking to interupt doesn't
	   always work, because the screen is frozen when the click occurs
	   so I don't always see what I want, and it's too difficult to
	   place the click correctly]
	4. Along this vein, some way of "viewing" the script to see that it
	   does without actually playing it.

I recognise the difficulties of the last two, but I have seen products for
other machines that can handle these.

	Thanks
	   Katherine
------
Katherine Franklin			franklin@uvicctr.uvic.ca
University of Victoria			franklin@uvunix.bitnet
Victoria, BC, Canada

lefty@obelix.twg.com (David N. Schlesinger) (02/08/90)

In article <909@uvicctr.UVic.CA.UUCP> franklin@uvicctr.UVic.CA.UUCP
(Katherine Franklin) writes:
> Apple's MacroMaker utility, that comes on with the Mac, just doesn't do
> what I want it to. Is there a better tool that I can use instead ? Some
> of the things that I want to do (and can't seem to in MarcoMaker -
> correct me if I'm wrong)
>
>         1. Build a composite macro that use macros already saved.
>         2. Multiple Macro files open at a time (changing files constantly
>            can be a pain!!)
>         3. Editable scripts (I hate having to re-do the entire script to
>            remove one click), or Macro tools that can be inserted into
>            the script; like forcing a pause [clicking to interupt doesn't
>            always work, because the screen is frozen when the click occurs
>            so I don't always see what I want, and it's too difficult to
>            place the click correctly]
>         4. Along this vein, some way of "viewing" the script to see that it
>            does without actually playing it.

There is a macro utility called "Tempo II" out there which I think fills
the bill--forgive me, but I don't have the publisher at my fingertips.  It
lists for under $100 (US) and ought to be readily available...

Hope this helps...

Lefty

          David N. Schlesinger   || "There's a word for it: words don't
          The Wollongong Group   ||  mean a thing.  There's a name for it;
Internet: Lefty@twg.com          ||  names make all the difference in the
POTS:     415/962-7219           ||  world..." -- David Byrne