[comp.sys.mac] FullWrite 1.0 -> 1.1

steve@hite386.UUCP (Steve Hite) (02/01/90)

   I got the FullWrite 1.0 package as part of the special deal Technology
Works was running (free - I bought 4 megs).  I sent in my registration card
and was just curious if anyone that did the same has gotten their update
to 1.1 from Ashton Tate yet?  If so, how long did it take you and is there
an 800 number to call Ashton Tate to check on the status if it gets to be
more than a month (it's been 2 weeks for me so far).  Thanks for the info.

Steve Hite
...uflorida!unf7!hite386!steve

cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) (02/03/90)

In article <14@hite386.UUCP> steve@hite386.UUCP (Steve Hite) writes:

>   I got the FullWrite 1.0 package as part of the special deal Technology
>Works was running (free - I bought 4 megs).  I sent in my registration card
>and was just curious if anyone that did the same has gotten their update
>to 1.1 from Ashton Tate yet?  If so, how long did it take you and is there
>an 800 number to call Ashton Tate to check on the status if it gets to be
>more than a month (it's been 2 weeks for me so far).  Thanks for the info.

>Steve Hite
>...uflorida!unf7!hite386!steve

I also have a copy of FullWrite 1.0.  I still have the registration card
and the original documentation.  If I sent in the registration now (I've had
the program for 6 months), would A-T stll upgrade it?

Chris

------------------------------+---------------------------
Chris Mauritz                 |Where there's a BEER,
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |there's a plan.
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |Need I say more?
------------------------------+---------------------------

Justin_Randall_Padawer@cup.portal.com (02/05/90)

In answer to the question regarding length of time it takes Ashton-
Tate to upgrade... It took them about a month to do me.  If you have
further problems, call the tech number included in the package.  They
seem happy to upgrade to 1.1...   With regard to length of time you
haven't registered your product, I wouldn't think it would matter that
six months have passed.  Go ahead and register.  --Randy

levin@bbn.com (Joel B Levin) (02/05/90)

In article <2782@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu> cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) writes:
|I also have a copy of FullWrite 1.0.  I still have the registration card
|and the original documentation.  If I sent in the registration now (I've had
|the program for 6 months), would A-T stll upgrade it?

I think they are upgrading any and all 1.0 to 1.1 for free.  I did it
by phone (non-800 number from the manual, sorry) and all they wanted
was the serial number from the disk.  (It isn't even in my name ...
it's registered to someone no longer at this company.)  You may have
to send in the card to get your serial number entered into their
system, though.

	/JBL
=
Nets: levin@bbn.com  |  "There were sweetheart roses on Yancey Wilmerding's
 or {...}!bbn!levin  |  bureau that morning.  Wide-eyed and distraught, she
POTS: (617)873-3463  |  stood with all her faculties rooted to the floor."

moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) (02/06/90)

Since I bought FullWrite straight out, I can't comment on how long the
upgrade procedure took; however, I can tell you that the changes between FW
1.0 and 1.1 are pretty darn minimal.

                           "Yes, there's no place for
                            sentiment in big
                            business."
                                                     "Oh you're no fun
                                                      anymore."
---
                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
INTERNET:     moriarty@tc.fluke.COM
Manual UUCP:  {uw-beaver, sun, microsoft, hplsla, uiucuxc}!fluke!moriarty
CREDO:        You gotta be Cruel to be Kind...

carter@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Thomas J. Carter) (02/06/90)

When I bought FullWrite 1.1 last October, an Ashton Tate person told
me I would receive a free upgrade to FullWrite 2.0.  Will this be
the case with copies obtained from Technology Works?   Was I deceived
in the first place that my upgrade to 2.0 would be free?  Thanks.

Tom Carter
carter@neon.stanford.edu

cy@dbase.A-T.COM (Cy Shuster) (02/07/90)

In article <2782@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu> cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) writes:
>I also have a copy of FullWrite 1.0.  I still have the registration card
>and the original documentation.  If I sent in the registration now (I've had
>the program for 6 months), would A-T stll upgrade it?

Probably...  but, as Marketing doesn't keep Development up-to-date on
such matters, The Way To Know For Sure is to call Customer Service
at 213/329-9989 (sorry, no 800 number I know of).

A cheaper method to contact them via long distance might be to use our
bulletin board service.  We've just provided access to it through
CompuServe's network (the free one, not Tymnet).  To use it, call
your favorite local CompuServe access number, and instead of replying
"CIS" to the "Host:" prompt, reply "ATBBS", and you're in!

--Cy--   cy@dbase.a-t.com   AppleLink: D0189

In article <1990Feb5.202757.18004@Neon.Stanford.EDU> carter@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Thomas J. Carter) writes:
>When I bought FullWrite 1.1 last October, an Ashton Tate person told
>me I would receive a free upgrade to FullWrite 2.0.  Will this be
>the case with copies obtained from Technology Works?   Was I deceived
>in the first place that my upgrade to 2.0 would be free?  Thanks.

Upgrade to 2.0?  Now that's optimistic.  I haven't seen anything about 2.0,
and supposedly I'm supposed to beta it when it comes out.  I love FullWrite,
but it still has too many bugs to be useful for major projects.  That and
the inability to import/export Word format.

| Alphalpha Software, Inc. | Voice/Fax: 617/646-7703 | Home: 617/641-3805     |
| 148 Scituate St.         | Smart fax, dial number. | BBS:  617/641-3722     |
| Arlington, MA 02174      | Dumb fax, dial number,  |                        |

jskuskin@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Jeffrey Kuskin) (02/08/90)

In article <1990Feb6.234948.13780@alphalpha.com> nazgul@alphalpha.com (Kee Hinckley) writes:
>Upgrade to 2.0?  Now that's optimistic.  I haven't seen anything about 2.0,
>and supposedly I'm supposed to beta it when it comes out.  I love FullWrite,
>but it still has too many bugs to be useful for major projects.  That and
>the inability to import/export Word format.

Could someone list the known FWP 1.0/1.1 bugs?  Is there a
list of these somewhere?

-- Jeff Kuskin, Dartmouth College

jskuskin@eleazar.dartmouth.edu