[comp.sys.mac] System Error = 03

cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) (02/07/90)

What does this mean?  I keep getting System Error #03 and a crash when
I try to print from MacDraw II from time to time.  I am running under
system 6.0.3 and I'm not using Multifinder.  I'll summarize to the
net.  Any help would be greatly appreicated.  Oh yeah, this is a MacIIcx
with 2 megs of RAM and a E-Machines Big Picture monitor.  Thanks....

Chris
------------------------------+---------------------------
Chris Mauritz                 |Where there's a BEER,
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |there's a plan.
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |Need I say more?
------------------------------+---------------------------

lefty@obelix.twg.com (David N. Schlesinger) (02/09/90)

In article <2820@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu> cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu
(Christopher M Mauritz) writes:
> I keep getting System Error #03 and a crash when I try to print from
> MacDraw II from time to time.  I am running under system 6.0.3 and I'm
> not using Multifinder.

System error 3 indicates that the processor has attempted to execute an
illegal instruction.

Not that this helps you much, I'm sure...

Speculation: possible incompatibility between the IIcx/6.0.3 and
E-Machines' code for the monitor?

Good luck,

Lefty

          David N. Schlesinger   || "There's a word for it: words don't
          The Wollongong Group   ||  mean a thing.  There's a name for it;
Internet: Lefty@twg.com          ||  names make all the difference in the
POTS:     415/962-7219           ||  world..." -- David Byrne