[comp.sys.mac] word 4.0 querry

3040_3744@uwovax.uwo.ca (02/09/90)

question concerning Word 4.0:  If you have two dictionaries- say an english and
a french one.  How do you get them both running in Word 4.0???   I see it in
the list of dictionaries but can't open or use it.  --
----
From Dick Puddephatt's band of desparados.

 BITNET

  3040_3744@UWOVAX.BITNET
                                        MAIL:  Room 103, Chemistry Building
					       University of Western Ontario
                                               LONDON, Ontario, N6A 5B7

                                        PHONE: (519) 679-2111 ext 6337

v141gxzn@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu (02/10/90)

In article <4940.25d1621a@uwovax.uwo.ca>, 3040_3744@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
> question concerning Word 4.0:  If you have two dictionaries- say an english and
> a french one.  How do you get them both running in Word 4.0???   I see it in
> the list of dictionaries but can't open or use it.  --
> ----

	All that is needed is to change the type on one of dictionaries from
DIC5 to DITC.  You can use MacTool or ResEdit or any simialr program.  After
this you will be able to open the dictionary using the open command while
in the spelling mode.

If anyone has any Word dictionaries other than the standard and British could
you drop me a line.  I do a lot of work with other languages and would like
to check my spelling in other than english using the computer.

					Alex W. Lynn
		State Univeristy of New York at Buffalo

In article <821.25d36c52@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu>, v141gxzn@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
> In article <4940.25d1621a@uwovax.uwo.ca>, 3040_3744@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
>> question concerning Word 4.0:  If you have two dictionaries- say an english and
>> a french one.  How do you get them both running in Word 4.0???   I see it in
>> the list of dictionaries but can't open or use it.  --
>> ----
>
> 	All that is needed is to change the type on one of dictionaries from
> DIC5 to DITC.  You can use MacTool or ResEdit or any simialr program.  After
> this you will be able to open the dictionary using the open command while
> in the spelling mode.
>
> If anyone has any Word dictionaries other than the standard and British could
> you drop me a line.  I do a lot of work with other languages and would like
> to check my spelling in other than english using the computer.

Sorry I made a mistake.  After posting this then rereading I noticed that
I transposed two letters.  The change should be from DIC5 to DICT.