[comp.sys.mac] Gassee resigns!

t-jacobs@cs.utah.edu (Tony Jacobs) (02/10/90)

The Wall Street Journal this past week had an article claiming that
Jean Louis Gassee quit. I'm really quite surprised that no one has posted a
comment on this yet. Doesn't anyone read the WS Journal?

It more or less said that he was miffed at the new reorganization and his
demotion.

Tony Jacobs * Center for Engineering Design * U of U * t-jacobs@cs.utah.edu

t-jacobs@cs.utah.edu (Tony Jacobs) writes:

>The Wall Street Journal this past week had an article claiming that
>Jean Louis Gassee quit. I'm really quite surprised that no one has posted a
>comment on this yet. Doesn't anyone read the WS Journal?

Well, without speaking FOR apple, I think it's safe to say that everyone AT
Apple has read the Wall Street Journal -- at least they did this week.

The real answer is simple: it's still a rumor. Jean-Louis is stil president
of Apple Products. He has not resigned although rumors continue apace. You
now know as much as anyone, except perhaps Jean-Louis, Sculley and the
reporter from the Journal.

--

Chuq Von Rospach   <+>   chuq@apple.com   <+>   [This is myself speaking]

Rumour has it that Larry Wall, author of RN, is a finalist in the race for
the Nobel Peace Prize for his invention of the kill file.