[comp.sys.mac] Microseeds comes through

long@mcntsh.enet.dec.com (Richard C. Long) (02/11/90)

With all the talk recently about inadequate warranties and so forth, I'd like
to share a great experience I've had with Microseeds.

Not too long ago, I posted about a bug I'd found in version 1.5 of Redux (some
files not restored; no error message).  At the same time, I sent a letter to
Microseeds detailing the problem.  Two days ago, I received a very apologetic
letter along with v1.61 of Redux and a new manual.  This new version corrects
the problem, and has some nifty new features.  This is great customer service,
and Redux is a great program.  Recommended!

Sign me a very satisfied customer,

 /'')  /'~  /   | long@mcntsh.enet.dec.com            | Ramparts are parts of a
/''\  /,,  /,,  | ...!decwrl!mcntsh.enet.dec.com!long |  ram.  People used to
Richard C. Long | long%mcntsh.dec@decwrl.enet.dec.com |  watch o'er them.

kyt@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu (Kok Yong Tan) (02/12/90)

In article <8282@shlump.nac.dec.com> long@mcntsh.enet.dec.com (Richard C. Long) writes:

>With all the talk recently about inadequate warranties and so forth, I'd like
>to share a great experience I've had with Microseeds.
>
> (story about great service from Microseeds deleted)

I agree with the abovementioned gentleman.  I had problems when using
MicroSeeds' Screen Gems and Super 3D.  They were very good about
checking out the problem and I received quite a number of letters from them
going into detail about the problem (which was traced to weird things
that Super 3D did to the CLUT and thus affecting the Screen Gems
program).  MicroSeeds even sent me a follow-up letter informing me that
they liaised with Silicon Beach Software about this problem and that
Silicon Beach had acknowledged it to be a bug in Super 3D.  (Being a
cynical New Yorker, I called up Silicon Beach to check this and they
admitted the bug in Super 3D, that they would be fixing it "in the
next version" and told me how to correct the CLUT problem temporarily).

Kudos to MicroSeeds.  They really provide excellent customer support
and I have no reservations recommending their products to others.

Kok-Yong Tan can be contacted via: 	| "Oscularis fundamentum!"
InterNet: kyt@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu	|    	       - Annoyed Latin scholar
CompuServe: 75046,256	      	   	|