[comp.sys.mac] Addressing Envelopes on ImageWriter I

ihw@cbnewsj.ATT.COM (irwin.h.walkenfeld) (02/12/90)

I've been trying to address wedding invitations from my Mac to an
ImageWriter I, but have been having problems, namely, the
envelopes, which are of fairly heavy stock, do not feed properly. When
the bottom of the envelope has to go under the platen, it slips
and stops feeding.  I've tried adjusting the thickness lever, I've used
friction feed, I've attached the envelope to computer paper and
used the sprocket feed; I've even put drafting tape over the
envelopes to increase traction, all to no avail.

I have no problems with regular business envelopes, just the
formal heavy stuff.  I had the same problem five years ago, when
my Mac and printer were brand new and "solved" it by gently
nudging each envelope through the platen. There still were too
many wasted envelopes, and I don't want to go through that, anyway.

Has anyone out there been successful in printing on this type of
envelope?  Remember I'm talking ImageWriter I (don't laugh).

All suggestions, especially ones that solve the problem, are
appreciated.

Irwin Walkenfeld
AT&T Bell Laboratories
(201) 615-4442
att!hrmso!ihw

hcj@lzsc.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) (02/13/90)

In article <3830@cbnewsj.ATT.COM>, ihw@cbnewsj.ATT.COM (irwin.h.walkenfeld) writes:
> I've been trying to address wedding invitations from my Mac to an
> ImageWriter I, but have been having problems, namely, the
> envelopes, which are of fairly heavy stock, do not feed properly. When

I got a Cut-sheet feeder; you need the envelope feeder:
from:
	CD Sales
	pob 8423
	Waco, TX, 76714