[comp.sys.mac] Freehand 2.0

chuq@plaid.Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) (09/16/88)

According to the folks at Aldus, they're going to be announcing Freehand 2.0
today at Seybold. They wouldn't give out any details (although the magic
incantaion 'auto-trace' was mentioned....) but I should be able to get a
press release tonight (I hope).

Considering that (if you ask me) Freehand 1.0 was a good match for
Illustrator 88 (except for autotracing....) in the first place, it looks
like the high-end drawing wars may really be heating up again....

More details when I get them.

Chuq Von Rospach			chuq@sun.COM		Delphi: CHUQ
Editor/Publisher, OtherRealms

>A short question in using Adobe Freehand 2.0:

Aldus Freehand (Adobe Illustrator)

>    Is it possible to draw a line with an arrow head in freehand?  It's a
>piece of cake if you are using MacDraw...

You would have to build the arrowhead. Once you do that, it's trivial.
Arrowheads are pretty siple to build, too, and you have the flexibility ot
use whatever arrowhead you want...

--

Chuq Von Rospach   <+>    Editor,OtherRealms    <+>   Member SFWA/ASFA
chuq@apple.com   <+>   CI$: 73317,635   <+>   [This is myself speaking]

All it takes if one thorn to make you forget the dozens of roses on the bush.

frank@mnetor.UUCP (Frank Kolnick) (11/10/89)

In article <36319@apple.Apple.COM> chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
>You would have to build the arrowhead. Once you do that, it's trivial.
>Arrowheads are pretty siple to build, too, and you have the flexibility ot
>use whatever arrowhead you want...

My copy of FreeHand came with a file of arrowheads. Didn't yours?

--
Frank Kolnick,
consulting for, and therefore expressing opinions independent of, Computer X

ddgg0881@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (11/10/89)

I've been using the Adobe Illustrator and drawing lots of bezier
curves with arrows. The problem is that you have to draw a separate
arrow tip and then position it into place at the end of each curve.
Once the arrow tip is in place, one would like to group it with the
curve. But if you do this, then you can no longer modify the shape of
the curve. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem.

Dale Gerdemann
University of Illinois, Dept of Linguistics
Cognitive Science Group, Beckman Institute
dale@tarski.cogsci.uiuc.edu
d-gerdemann@uiuc.edu

resgroup@uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu (11/11/89)

It's nice to know that, but how?  Could you be more specific?

Thanks.

					ju@uicadb.csl.uiuc.edu

tv0c+@andrew.cmu.edu (Thomas Edward Van Lenten) (02/14/90)

I found what I think is a bug in Freehand, but was wondering if anyone
had some ideas to workaround it.  My problem is this, I have an image
that I made if Freehand, that I want to use in paper.  I saved the image
as encaps. post. and then brought it into ReadySetGo.  The image comes
in fine, but when you print it dies with a postscript error.  So I went
back to the Freehand doc, and it printed fine.  I then tried pulling the
cap. into PageMaker and Freehand itself, again they won't print the cap.
 I tried bringing it into Illistrator, this time it wouldn't even load
it, erroring with an offending postscript command.  I can create other
things with Freehand, and then pring them into any of the programs, but
this one image just won't work.  Anyone got some ideas of what to do,
besides "cut and paste" to put the image on the printout?

TVL
tv0c@andrew.cmu.edu