[comp.sys.mac] SonicFinder refuses Swedish Finder v6.04!!

peterm@dna.lth.se (Peter M|ller) (02/13/90)

Hi out there!

I have used SonicFinder since it was released, and enjoy it very much. The
interface needs a lot of work, but it's funny.
The strange thing here is that it refuses to work with the Swedish version
of Finder!! Nothing hangs, the sounds just isn't there! Does anyone know
WHY??

Peter Moller
Lund Institute of Technology - Sweden

smith@coral.bucknell.edu (Greg Smith) (02/13/90)

In article <1990Feb12.165545.25832@lth.se>,
                   peterm@dna.lth.se (Peter M|ller) writes:
> I have used SonicFinder since it was released, and enjoy it very much. The
> interface needs a lot of work, but it's funny.
> The strange thing here is that it refuses to work with the Swedish version
> of Finder!! Nothing hangs, the sounds just isn't there! Does anyone know
> WHY??

The Finder uses the last string in its STR# 129 resource to find the name of
the Finder Sounds file.  I have heard from several people using the Swedish
version of 6.0.4, and they tell me that the string "Finder Sounds" has been
"Swedified."  You will either need to change this string back to the American
name of "Finder Sounds," or rename the Finder Sounds file to match this string.
However, don't change the name of Finder Sounds Config.  By the way, I just
released version 1.1.  It's in MACFUN, Library 6 as SONICF.SIT on Compu$erve
and should be appearing in comp.binaries.mac and at Info-Mac shortly.

+----------------------------+------------------------------------+
| Gregory J. Smith           | BITNET:   smith@bucknell.bitnet    |
| Systems Analyst/Postmaster |           smith@bknlvms.bitnet     |
| Bucknell Computer Services | Internet: smith@bucknell.edu       |
| Bucknell University        |           smith@coral.bucknell.edu |
| Lewisburg, PA  17837       | AT&Tnet:  (717) 524-1801           |
+----------------------------+------------------------------------+

urlichs@smurf.ira.uka.de (02/15/90)

In comp.sys.mac, article <1990Feb12.165545.25832@lth.se>,
  peterm@dna.lth.se (Peter M|ller) writes:
< Hi out there!
<
< I have used SonicFinder since it was released, and enjoy it very much. The
< interface needs a lot of work, but it's funny.
< The strange thing here is that it refuses to work with the Swedish version
< of Finder!! Nothing hangs, the sounds just isn't there! Does anyone know
< WHY??
<
Most likely the Swedish translators also translated the name of the "Finder
Sound" file. It's at the end of STR# resource 129 (or 128, can't remember).
Just hack it with ResEdit.

--
Matthias Urlichs