[comp.sys.mac] Mac 512k and a modem...

douglas@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Douglas Mason) (02/13/90)

Question:

I have a Macintosh 512k with an external, and wanted to hook up my
US Robotics Courier 2400 modem to it.  I have an older version of
Red Ryder for a terminal program.

I have a cable for hooking a Mac to a modem, but it was for a Mac Plus,
and thus has the newer style (round) connector.

The Mac 512k has a 9-pin connector simular to the serial connectors on AT
type machines.

The question is, can I simply get a 9-pin to 25-pin modem cable and hook
it up, or does Apple have some type of wiring scheme that would make me
have to get the official Apple cable?

Any help (email or otherwise) would be GREATLY appreciated!

-Douglas Mason

--
Douglas T. Mason | douglas@ddsw1.UUCP or dtmason@m-net |

SHLAM@cc.utah.edu (02/15/90)