[comp.sys.mac] Pixel Artist Needed for Disinfectant 2.0

jln@acns.nwu.edu (John Norstad) (02/08/90)

I'm soliciting volunteers to help design the new icons for Disinfectant
2.0.  I need at least four icons, and I have absolutely no artistic
talents.  If anybody with such talents would be willing to help, I would
greatly appreciate it, and I would give you appropriate credit in the
document.

I need:

a) An icon for the program.  The current one is ugly.
b) An icon for saved document files (saved reports).
c) An icon for the new Disinfectant protection INIT.
d) An icon for saved checkum data files.

Anybody willing to help?

John Norstad
Northwestern University
jln@acns.nwu.edu

mxmora@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) (02/08/90)

In article <3574@accuvax.nwu.edu> jln@acns.nwu.edu (John Norstad) writes:
>I'm soliciting volunteers to help design the new icons for Disinfectant
>2.0.  I need at least four icons, and I have absolutely no artistic
>talents.  If anybody with such talents would be willing to help, I would
>greatly appreciate it, and I would give you appropriate credit in the
>document.
>
>I need:
>
>a) An icon for the program.  The current one is ugly.
>b) An icon for saved document files (saved reports).
>c) An icon for the new Disinfectant protection INIT.
>d) An icon for saved checkum data files.

 e) Don't forget Color Icons :-) "icl4" "icl8"

Also there has been talk about thanking John
and Northwestern for their support for the
efforts. I would like to take this oppertunity
to express my thanks and cast my vote for the
MVP of the Year. You made my new job a lot easier.
(MVP= most valuable Programmer)=John Norstad

>Anybody willing to help?
I would love to but I draw worse than I write :-)

>John Norstad
>Northwestern University
>jln@acns.nwu.edu

Thank again John,

Matthew Mora
SRI International                       mxmora@unix.sri.com

CXT105@psuvm.psu.edu (Christopher Tate) (02/09/90)

In article <3574@accuvax.nwu.edu>, jln@acns.nwu.edu (John Norstad) says:

>I need:
>
>a) An icon for the program.  The current one is ugly.
>b) An icon for saved document files (saved reports).
>c) An icon for the new Disinfectant protection INIT.
>d) An icon for saved checkum data files.

(Warning! Imminent dangerous question!)

Do you take submissions?  It seems to me that this would be a nice way to
get what you want (pick and choose, tinker, etc.), but the Email volume might
be *enormous*....

-------
Christopher Tate                   | (i do not know what is it about you
cxt105@psuvm.psu.edu               | that closes and opens; only something
 ..!psuvax1!psuvm.bitnet!cxt105    | in me understands the voice of your
cxt105@psuvm.bitnet                | eyes is deeper than all roses)

pa@symbas.UUCP (Michal Aase) (02/09/90)

In article <8936@unix.SRI.COM> mxmora@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) writes:

>   (MVP= most valuable Programmer)=John Norstad

 Here's another vote for John Norstad !

	-pa

jln@acns.nwu.edu (John Norstad) (02/10/90)

In article <90039.145654CXT105@PSUVM.BITNET> CXT105@psuvm.psu.edu
(Christopher Tate) writes:
> Do you take submissions?  It seems to me that this would be a nice way to
> get what you want (pick and choose, tinker, etc.), but the Email volume
might
> be *enormous*....

Yes, that's exactly what I want - submissions!

The Email volume already has been enormous (over a dozen volunteers, and
even some nice looking icons already).  Thanks very much to everybody who
has sent me stuff.  It looks like this is turning into a contest.  I'll
sit on the submissions for a while, then make my decision and announce the
winner.

John Norstad
Northwestern University
jln@acns.nwu.edu

mustang@spock.UUCP (Neil McNeight) (02/15/90)

In article <1597@symbas.UUCP> pa@symbas.UUCP (Michal Aase) writes:
>In article <8936@unix.SRI.COM> mxmora@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) writes:
>
>>   (MVP= most valuable Programmer)=John Norstad
>
> Here's another vote for John Norstad !
>
>	-pa

	Here too!  I love a great programmer who is modest (and free :-)

Neil McNeight			|"Does anyone know where the love of God goes"
Class of 1991			|"When the waves turn the minutes to hours"
Choate Rosemary Hall		|	-Gordon Lightfoot
Wallingford, CT			|	'The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald'
Real Life: Still searching	| Even!if!I@knew.my.path,I!wouldn't.tell!YOU!