[comp.sys.mac] Mouse Freezing on Mac IIci

buckley@sumex-aim.stanford.edu (Margret Buckley) (02/13/90)

     Has anyone had problems with the mouse freezing on a Mac IIci?

     We have had this problem on three different IIci's, ever since we
received them in December.  The mouse freezing is not at all predictable,
it has happened in Word 4.0, Canvas, the Finder, etc.  I checked the
obvious--loose desktop bus cables, but that is not the problem.

     Has anyone else experienced this, or know of any possible causes?

Thank you.

Margret Buckley
SUMEX Computer Project
Knowledge Systems Laboratory
Stanford University

rcoahk@chudich.co.rmit.oz (Alvaro Hui Kau) (02/13/90)

From article <9118@portia.Stanford.EDU>, by buckley@sumex-aim.stanford.edu (Margret Buckley):

>      Has anyone had problems with the mouse freezing on a Mac IIci?
>
>      We have had this problem on three different IIci's, ever since we
> received them in December.  The mouse freezing is not at all predictable,
> it has happened in Word 4.0, Canvas, the Finder, etc.  I checked the
> obvious--loose desktop bus cables, but that is not the problem.
>
>      Has anyone else experienced this, or know of any possible causes?
	I don't know how it cause, but I know there is a FKey in info-mac
called 'Defrost Mouse' or something like that. Unfortunately, it doesn't
seems to work with system 6.0.4.........
	Anyone had any idea why it doesn't work with 6.0.4?
	I was pretty sure it works with other system 6.0.x.

							Alvaro
							akkh@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.

fromherz@ifi.unizh.ch (02/14/90)

In article <9118@portia.Stanford.EDU> buckley@sumex-aim.stanford.edu (Margret Buckley) writes:

>     Has anyone had problems with the mouse freezing on a Mac IIci?
>
>     We have had this problem on three different IIci's, ever since we
>received them in December.  The mouse freezing is not at all predictable,
>it has happened in Word 4.0, Canvas, the Finder, etc.  I checked the
>obvious--loose desktop bus cables, but that is not the problem.

I had the same problem, happening just after starting Word 4.0 from time
to time.
Removing the init watchCursor (2.0) helped.

Take care,
Markus Fromherz

Universitaet Zuerich-Irchel
Winterthurerstr.190, CH-8057 Zuerich

budd@inmet.inmet.com (02/16/90)

/* Written  5:17 am  Feb 14, 1990 by fromherz@ifi.unizh.ch in inmet:comp.sys.mac */
/* ---------- "Re: Mouse Freezing on Mac IIci" ---------- */
In article <9118@portia.Stanford.EDU> buckley@sumex-aim.stanford.edu (Margret Buckley) writes:

>     Has anyone had problems with the mouse freezing on a Mac IIci?
>
>     We have had this problem on three different IIci's, ever since we
>received them in December.  The mouse freezing is not at all predictable,
>it has happened in Word 4.0, Canvas, the Finder, etc.  I checked the
>obvious--loose desktop bus cables, but that is not the problem.

I had the same problem, happening just after starting Word 4.0 from time
to time.
Removing the init watchCursor (2.0) helped.

Take care,
Markus Fromherz

Universitaet Zuerich-Irchel
Winterthurerstr.190, CH-8057 Zuerich
/* End of text from inmet:comp.sys.mac */