[comp.sys.mac] CTB Support

svc@well.sf.ca.us (Leonard Rosenthol) (02/17/90)

In article <1781@esquire.UUCP> you write:
>In article <52138@bbn.COM>, levin@bbn (Joel B Levin) writes:
>
>There's a v4.1 shipping soon, with full support for the Comm. Toolbox
>(it's included), as well as VT220 emulation, including double-high,
>double-width characters and a menu for the function keys (useful to
>those who don't have the Saratoga keyboard).

        I just thought I would drop a comment in here about 'Comm Toolbox
Support'.
        Quick History Lesson: There are three MAJOR pieces to the CommToolbox
(CTB) that application can take advantage of: 1) Connection Manager, 2)
Terminal Manager, and 3) Transfer Manager.  There are also a number of minor
pieces including such funky things as the CommResource Manager, DITLTricks and
a nifty PopUpMenu CDEF....An applicaton can use ANY OR ALL of these pieces,
they are not an all or nothing deal...

        VersaTerm/VersaTerm Pro in their latest incarnations (which are shipping
as I have seen them!) do not 'fully support' (whatever that means in this
context) the CTB, but they do indeed  support the Connection Manager and the
Transfer Manager.  Though I should also point out that Lonnie recommends that
you use his internal routines instead of the CTB whenever possible ;-)

Leonard Rosenthol        |  GEnie : MACgician
Lazerware, inc.          |  MacNet: MACgician
UUCP: svc@well.UUCP      |  ALink : D0025