[comp.sys.mac] After Dark 1.1 & Mac IIci

mr2t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Tod Rose) (02/16/90)

Some general wierdness here...

After Dark 1.1 works fine on our IIci, *except* if you happen to have
the Control Panel open while it blanks the screen.  Then you crash,
either quickly or after closing the CP.  Any ideas?

Related note:  The IIci is also beeping twice whenever an application is
launched or quit, and whenever a DA is opened or closed.  Any possible
rationale?

thanks,
-mike

Mark.Bryant@p1.f54.n382.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Mark Bryant) (02/19/90)

In a message dated 02/16/90 at 06:24:56, mr2t+@andrew.cmu.edu writes:

> Some general wierdness here...
>
> After Dark 1.1 works fine on our IIci, *except* if you happen to have
> the Control Panel open while it blanks the screen.  Then you crash,
> either quickly or after closing the CP.  Any ideas?

There's been discussion of this problem on CI$'s MacPro forum.  Berkeley
systems is aware of it (the reason it wasn't detected before is that
it doesn't appear is TMON is loaded), and is working on a fix.  For
now, just don't leave the Control Panel open, and don't use the "demo"
mode from the control panel.

--
Mark Bryant via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!382!54.1!Mark.Bryant