[comp.sys.mac] Overpriced Software/Overpriced Computers

mclek@dcatla.UUCP (Larry E. Kollar) (02/20/90)

In article <1981@rodan.acs.syr.edu> isr@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Michael S. Schechter - ISR group account) writes:
>... how many people that are interested in $1000 machine are going
>to be buying Spice or Mathematica at $800 a shot??

Spice is $800 on a Mac?  I've seen a PD version on, uh, "another" machine.
That version appears to be a straight port from the mainframe version; you
need either a wide carriage printer or 15-pitch capability.

Do you at least get fancy graphic output for your $800?
--
Larry Kollar	UUCP ...!gatech!dcatla!mclek		VoiceMail:One  2670
Georgia 400:  the Southeast's premier 48-mile 4-lane dragstrip.