[comp.sys.mac] DiskTop 4.0

frank@mnetor.UUCP (Frank Kolnick) (02/20/90)

Does anyone out there have DiskTop version 4.0? I ordered a copy
from the local distributor last September. What I got was version 3
and a promise from the distributor that I would get a free upgrade
when 4 was available. The package, on the other hand, contained
an upgrade offer for $15, so I phoned CE and they agreed that I shouldn't
have to pay and that they would ship when available. Since then,
I've phoned every month. At first, they said it was behind schedule,
then they said it was shipping. So, is it *really* shipping?
Is CE usually this bad? (OK, this is a low-burn flame.)

--
Frank Kolnick,
Basis Computer Systems Inc.

truesdel@ics.uci.edu (Scott Truesdell) (02/21/90)

frank@mnetor.UUCP (Frank Kolnick) writes:

>Does anyone out there have DiskTop version 4.0?

I've had it for at least a month... more like 2.

>What I got was version 3
>and a promise from the distributor that I would get a free upgrade
>when 4 was available.

   [ stuff deleted ]

>Since then,
>I've phoned every month. At first, they said it was behind schedule,
>then they said it was shipping. So, is it *really* shipping?
>Is CE usually this bad? (OK, this is a low-burn flame.)

CE Software is a great company with great products. I'm surprised to
hear of this difficulty. 4.0 is a good upgrade. Call again with the
whole story. They are good people at CE.

  --scott

--
Scott Truesdell

bdeskin@cognos.UUCP (Bob Deskin) (02/21/90)

In article <5257@mnetor.UUCP> frank@mnetor.UUCP (Frank Kolnick) writes:
>Does anyone out there have DiskTop version 4.0? I ordered a copy

Yes I've had mine for about a month. Of course I had bought the previous
version and paid the upgrade fee (or the company did). Well worth it,
especially the Application Launcher.

--
Bob Deskin                             Cognos Incorporated
(613) 738-1338 ext 5003                P.O. Box 9707

geoff@nluug.nl (G. Coupe EPD/74 O75/1347) (02/22/90)

Yep, got my copy straight from CE 'bout 6weeks ago.

- Geoff Coupe

jlc@atux01.UUCP (J. Collymore) (02/22/90)

I got my upgrade direct from CE software.  It took about 3 to 4 weeks, and this was back in December.

						Jim Collymore