[comp.sys.mac] Re^2: MSWord4 eqns stink

news@blackbird.afit.af.mil (News System Account) (02/23/90)

In article <1990Feb22.183436.16819@cs.UAlberta.CA> simon@alberta.UUCP
(Simon Tortike) writes:
>In article <7748@tank.uchicago.edu> rtp1@tank.uchicago.edu
> (raymond thomas pierrehumbert) writes:
>>I started using Word some time ago basically because it was the only
>>word processor with a built in equation facility.  I don't like
>......... lots of groans about equation processing.
>
>I agree with you wholeheartedly.  I use TeXtures from Blue Sky
>because I don't mind a little masochism with my desire for
>as-perfect-as-possible mathematical typesetting.  {etc...}
I have started learning to use Textures too because I am not pleased
with the MS Word equations in _large_ documents.  I also prefer sharp
looking equations in my documents; however, in documents with only
a few equations, I find it easier (or at least as easy) to use Word
to build my equations then use the character positioning (Displace)
commands to fine-tune the apperance of the equations.  Although this
is almost as masochistic as learning TeX, it is alot cheaper.

Bob Pugh
{No witty sayings or disclaimers yet}