[comp.sys.mac] DATetris info

keith@ac.dal.ca (02/20/90)

Several friends of mine and I have been playing DATetris recently and we wanted
to know how many levels there are.  Also, how is the DATetris different than
Tetris?

Thanks,   Keith

Keith Conover
Dept. of Biochemistry
Dalhousie University
Keith@ac.dal.ca
Keith

thewho@portia.Stanford.EDU (Derek Fong) (02/22/90)

In article <1265@ac.dal.ca> keith@ac.dal.ca writes:
>Several friends of mine and I have been playing DATetris recently and we wanted
>to know how many levels there are.  Also, how is the DATetris different than
>Tetris?

There are 9 levels on both Tetris and the DA one.  The difference between
the DA and regular program are sound and graphics.  I'm suprised that you
do not know of the differences/similarities.  As far as I know Tetris (it's
commercial you know) comes with the DA.  Therefore, anyone legally in possess-
ion of the DA should have a copy of the program too.

In any case, both go to level 9 and then stay there until you die or get
bored playing.  Then, there is advanced mode which I find to be impossible
at level nine.  My hands just don't keep up.

---Derek Fong
fong@cive.stanford.edu
thewho@portia.stanford.edu

meuchen@grad2.cis.upenn.edu (Paul Eric Menchen) (02/22/90)

In article <9425@portia.Stanford.EDU> thewho@portia.Stanford.EDU (Derek Fong) writes:
>There are 9 levels on both Tetris and the DA one.  The difference between
>the DA and regular program are sound and graphics.  I'm suprised that you
>do not know of the differences/similarities.  As far as I know Tetris (it's
>commercial you know) comes with the DA.  Therefore, anyone legally in possess-
>ion of the DA should have a copy of the program too.

The Mac II version doesn't come with the DA version, des[ite what it
says on the box.  A little insert says there is no DA version
provided.  Also, it won't run on a machine without 256 color/grey
capability, again despite what it says on the box.  Boy was I bummin'
when I bought it last year before I had 256 greys.

BTW, I doesn't seem to map the clut very well to greyscale
either. When I look at the pictures with VisionLab they look great,
but only fair while actually playing. Is this the program or my system?

Paul Eric Menchen
meuchen@grad1.cis.upenn.edu

CAH0@bunny.gte.com (Chuck Hoffman) (02/23/90)

In article <20726@netnews.upenn.edu> meuchen@grad2.cis.upenn.edu (Paul
Eric Menchen) writes:
> When I look at the pictures with VisionLab they look great,
> but only fair while actually playing. Is this the program or my system?

I've run the commercially available version on a Mac-II here at work and
on a Mac-IIcx at home.  The colors really are great.  If you get only fair
color, the problem must be something other than the program.

- Chuck Hoffman, GTE Laboratories, Inc.
cah0@bunny.gte.com
Telephone (U.S.A.) 617-466-2131
GTE VoiceNet: 679-2131