[comp.sys.mac] Software Authors please no

Adam.Frix@p2.f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Adam Frix) (02/25/90)

James Paul writes:

>In article <13135@cbnewse.ATT.COM> macduff@cbnewse.ATT.COM (Roger R.
>Espinosa) writes:
>
>...deletions...
>
>>What *I* do when I ship letters/on/disks to my friends who have Macs
>>is to use Font DA/Mover and put the fonts I've used in the letter in
>>the letter file itself, so that when they open up the document, they
>>can see it in its original font.  It's a bit of extra work, I know,
>>but when I format my letter to use Garamond-3, and I know for darn
>>sure that my friends don't have Garamond-3 on their systems, it's not
>>that big a deal.
>>
>>Roger
>
>Fine, as long as you have the rights to distribute the fonts you
>include. Many fonts are sold as commercial products. Before you give
>that font to another person, be sure you know the source of the font.
>If you don't have distribution rights to it, don't pirate it. (This is
>more of a problem with postscript fonts nowadays than screen fonts.)

If it's a PostScript font, then I don't think giving away the screen
version of it is a problem.  Those things are available for the taking
from such places as Adobe's forum on CompuServe.

--Adam--

--
Adam Frix via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!200.2!Adam.Frix