[comp.sys.mac] Zterm current version

rgm@sandstorm.Berkeley.EDU (Robert Menke) (02/22/90)

What is the current version of Zterm?  Version 0.85 was posted to
comp.binaries.mac a week ago, but the release date on it was back in
October.  Anyone see a more recent version?  I remember that in the
documentation there was a comment to the point that a release would come
out approximately every two months or so.

"So educated," giggles the voice in	|    rgm@OCF.berkeley.edu
your ear...				|    Robert.Menke@bmug.fidonet.org

davea@kgw2.bwi.WEC.COM (Dave Alverson) (02/24/90)

In article <1990Feb21.214445.3645@agate.berkeley.edu>, rgm@sandstorm.Berkeley.EDU (Robert Menke) writes:

> October.  Anyone see a more recent version?  I remember that in the
> documentation there was a comment to the point that a release would come
> out approximately every two months or so.

Yes, the current rev of ZTerm is v0.85.  I would like to get the
next release out in a month or two.  The comment in the release
notes basically meant that at this stage of development, I would
like to get new releases out about 2 to 4 months apart.  Unfortunately,
I did not get any work done on ZTerm for 2 months after the
last release, so it'll be a little longer.

I am looking for a few registered users that spend a lot of time
using a Mac connected to a unix machine (or similar), especially
doing editing.  (You don't have to be using ZT in this capacity;
I know it has problems.)  I'd like to get these emulation
problems nailed down.  Send me email describing what kind of
machine you connect to and what software (vi, emacs, etc) is
causing ZT to barf.

  -- Dave

--
Z  Dave Alverson,  somewhere between Cincinnati & Mason, Ohio
Z  Address: davea@kgw2.bwi.WEC.COM

ralph@mtune.ATT.COM (Ralph Brandi) (02/25/90)

In article <1990Feb21.214445.3645@agate.berkeley.edu> rgm@OCF.Berkeley.EDU (Robert Menke) writes:

>What is the current version of Zterm?  Version 0.85 was posted to

Version 0.85 is still the most recent version.  I believe the most
recent comments from Dave Alverson on the next release mentioned
March or April.  I'd have to dig out the letter I got when I sent in
my payment to be sure....
--
Ralph Brandi     ralph@mtune.att.com     att!mtune!ralph

Work flows toward the competent until they are submerged.