[comp.sys.mac] Setting File Type

kweeder@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Jim Kweeder) (02/26/90)

Does anyone know of a program that will allow one to easily set
the file type and/or creator?  I'm not Resedit gunner, but I suspect
it would do the job.  However, I'd like something more simplistic for
my users so I don't have to teach everyone how to use Resedit :-).

Please e-mail and I'll post a summary.

Thanks,

Jim Kweeder
kweeder@sun.soe.clarkson.edu

haphip@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Jeffq) (02/26/90)

In article <1990Feb25.221007.20684@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> kweeder@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Jim Kweeder) writes:
>Does anyone know of a program that will allow one to easily set
>the file type and/or creator?  I'm not Resedit gunner, but I suspect
>it would do the job.  However, I'd like something more simplistic for
>my users so I don't have to teach everyone how to use Resedit :-)

Quite a few, actually:
DeskZap DA (Probably on sumex)
ResMaster DA (   "        )
DiskTools II (You gotta buy this one, but it's well worth it!)
MacTools, part of the Copy II Mac (this copy program sucks. Never buy it)
ResEdit is rather hard to use for just that reason; I always find myself
peeking at various pict's and listening to sounds and such.

DeskZap is the best way to go, though.  If you can't find it, mail me and
I'll send it to you.

haphip@ucscb.ucsc.edu

-Jeffq the Thirsty
.