Date: Mon, 26 Feb 90 13:22:59 PDT
From: MACE@msg.UCSF.EDU
Subject: Problems with Cutting Edge HD
To: <@cca.ucsf.edu:portuesi@tweezers.esd.sgi.com>

I am in the process of setting up a Cutting Edge 30 MB hard drive for use
with a Mac Plus.  Allegedly, I should have been able to just plug it in and
have it work; however this was not the case.  The Mac will not boot from the
hard disk.  It just sits there with a blinking question mark in the disk
icon.

The drive does appear when the Mac is booted from a floppy.

I have tried reformatting the drive, changing the SCSI address, changing the
version of system and finder on the drive, and even setting up partitions.
The drive itself seems to work fine--it just will not boot.

Does anyone have any suggestions for other things to try?

James Mace
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics
University of California, S.F.
MACE@MSG.UCSF.EDU

------End Forwarded Message
__