[comp.sys.mac] Laugh to the bank

kscott@cgl.ucsf.edu (Kevin Scott) (02/26/90)

If the Gramatik folks didn't already realize what a potential downfall giving
away their program could be, perhaps they realized what a potential windfall
it could be.

  I am a Microsoft Word user.  I know the command keys, I know its capabilities
and I am completely content with it.  There are probably some better programs
out there, but I am not about to go through the early, if easy, part of the
learning curve to become a power user again.

  Some day proofreading programs will be as common as word processors.  If
I am familiar with the layout and style of Gramatik, I'm not going to bother
to check out another proofreader unless it is signicantly better.

  Juggler/Suitcase users, as long as both inits run within hailing distance of
each other, will stick to the one they know.  Expect Gramatik to come out
with the lion's share of the market (and to mail you a chance to upgrade to
the new, improved Gramatik sometime in the next year).

  Not that I fault them.  I intend to get my free copy.

bernard@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Bernie Bernstein) (02/27/90)

In article <13172@cgl.ucsf.EDU> kscott@locke.mmwb.ucsf.edu.UUCP (Kevin Scott) writes:
>If the Gramatik folks didn't already realize what a potential downfall giving
>away their program could be, perhaps they realized what a potential windfall
>it could be.

>  Some day proofreading programs will be as common as word processors.  If
>I am familiar with the layout and style of Gramatik, I'm not going to bother
>to check out another proofreader unless it is signicantly better.
>

>  Not that I fault them.  I intend to get my free copy.

So now that we agree that this is a no-lose situation, would someone
with Grammatik kindly post the exact problems with that original letter?

Many of us would appreciate it.

      o,  ,,   ,      | Bernie Bernstein                      | ,    ,,
      L>O/  \,/ \    ,| University of Colorado at boulder     |/ \,,/  \
     O./  '  / . `, / | office: (303) 492-1218                |     / ` \  ,.
    ,/   /  ,      '  | email: bernard@boulder.colorado.edu   | /        ''  \