[comp.sys.mac] Has anyone seen Canvas v2.1 yet?

simon@alberta.uucp (Simon Tortike) (02/22/90)

Has anyone actually received Canvas 2.1 yet?  I ordered the upgrade quite
a while ago (December) and my credit card was debited in January.  THis
is quite a different situation to when v2.0 was mailed free of charge.
-------------------
W. Simon Tortike,                         | tel    : 403/492-3338
Dept of Mining, Metallurgical             | fax    : 403/492-7219
      and Petroleum Engineering,          | CDNnet : simon@cs.UAlberta.CA
University of Alberta,                    | uucp   : simon@alberta.uucp
Edmonton, AB, CANADA T6G 2G6.             |

schwer@unix.SRI.COM (Leonard E. Schwer) (02/22/90)

	My upgrade copy of Canvas 2.1 arrived about 3-4 weeks ago.
	Hang in there :-)

cramer@athens.tmc.edu (Bill Cramer) (02/22/90)

In article <1990Feb21.210910.26244@cs.UAlberta.CA> simon@alberta.UUCP (Simon Tortike) writes:
>Has anyone actually received Canvas 2.1 yet?  I ordered the upgrade quite
>a while ago (December) and my credit card was debited in January.  THis
>is quite a different situation to when v2.0 was mailed free of charge.

Mine arrived on Jan 30 after a substantial delay.  The date on the
program is "December 26, 1989".  Didn't appreciate the wait, but the
product seems stable thus far and the dashed-line feature alone makes
it worth the wait.

Bill Cramer			| (214)612-2600
IEX Corporation  		| {uunet,convex,attctc}!iex!cramer
1400 Preston Road, Suite 350    |
Plano, Texas  75093          	|

frank@mnetor.UUCP (Frank Kolnick) (02/23/90)

In article <1990Feb21.210910.26244@cs.UAlberta.CA> simon@alberta.UUCP (Simon Tortike) writes:
-Has anyone actually received Canvas 2.1 yet?  I ordered the upgrade quite
-a while ago (December) and my credit card was debited in January.  THis
-is quite a different situation to when v2.0 was mailed free of charge.

I received mine yesterday, also after a long delay.
Still waiting for my update Coach and Thesaurus, though.

--
Frank Kolnick,
Basis Computer Systems Inc.

simon@alberta.uucp (Simon Tortike) (02/24/90)

>In article <1990Feb21.210910.26244@cs.UAlberta.CA> simon@alberta.UUCP (Simon Tortike) writes:
>>Has anyone actually received Canvas 2.1 yet?  I ordered the upgrade quite
>>a while ago (December) and my credit card was debited in January.  THis
>>is quite a different situation to when v2.0 was mailed free of charge.

Thanks to everyone for their replies: all had received theirs weeks ago.  The
package finally came in yesterday afternoon via UPS.  The dashed lines were
the main reason I upgraded, but I noticed that this attribute is limited
to straight lines, not Bezier curves or other geometric objects.  Have I
overlooked something here?  I had hoped I could use Canvas for more
technical drawings instead of using Aldus Freehand, but it looks as if
I shall have to stick with Aldus.
-------------------

Leo.Bores@f14.n114.z1.fidonet.org (Leo Bores) (02/27/90)

In an article of <21 Feb 90 21:09:10 GMT>, simon@alberta.uucp (Simon Tortike)
writes:

 ST>Has anyone actually received Canvas 2.1 yet?  I ordered the upgrade
 ST>quite
 ST>a while ago (December) and my credit card was debited in January.  THis
 ST>is quite a different situation to when v2.0 was mailed free of charge.

Call Deneba - I got mine 1 week after calling them.

Leo Bores

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!14!Leo.Bores
Internet: Leo.Bores@f14.n114.z1.fidonet.org