[comp.sys.mac] Low-cost Mac

ccc_phil@waikato.ac.nz (02/19/90)

> Wrong, some of us on the Net are Mac+ users because Apple's stupid
> pricing policy for Europe means we can't afford anything else.

That's all we can afford down under, too (although I actually have a dual
floppy SE, WITH a 40 Meg hard disk AND 2.5 Meg of RAM -- one of the privileged
few).  A low cost Mac would do wonders for us in trying to stock labs of Macs
for students.

Philip Etheridge, University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand.

Chris.Parson@f54.n382.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Chris Parson) (02/21/90)

        You foreiners should stop whining.  A lot of us real AMERICANS
can only afford Mac+s too!  As a matter of fact, I personally know
at least 6 people who bought fairly powerful PC clones for what they
would have paid for a stripper plus, even though they wanted a Mac.  They
just couldn't justify the hardware recieved for the bucks rendered on
the Mac side.
        As PC hardware gets powerful enough to run windowing enviornments,
It's getting even harder for the uninitiated to buy a Mac instead of a
clone.  Sure, I know that not all (actually damn few) PC programs take
advantage of windows and mice, and that almost NONE of them work the
same, but a lot of the great uncomputered and PC people don't even know
what they're missing.  They think PC + Windows + mouse = Mac, at a LOWER
PRICE!

--
Chris Parson via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!382!54!Chris.Parson

RWERMAN@vms.huji.ac.il (02/27/90)

From: Chris.Parson@f54.n382.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Chris Parson)

        You foreiners should stop whining.  A lot of us real AMERICANS
[the rest deleted]

We foreigners resent being called foreiners [sic!], Chris, or four
eyeners or anything strange like that.  We have enough troubles
without that.

__Bob Werman
rwerman@hujivms
Jerusalem