[comp.sys.mac] Password for hard drive

cmm1@CUNIXA.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Christopher M Mauritz) (02/23/90)

Does anyone know of a porgram that will allow me to add password
protection to the hard disk of my Mac IIcx?  Basically, when the
machine is booted or reset, I would like some sort of dialog box to pop
up and ask for a password.  Boots off the floppy are fine as long as
the hard drive is inaccessable unless the correct password is given at
bootup.  Suggestions anyone?  Thanks.  I'll summarize to the net.

Chris

------------------------------+---------------------------
Chris Mauritz                 |Where there's a BEER,
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |there's a plan.
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |Need I say more?
------------------------------+---------------------------

CAH0@bunny.gte.com (Chuck Hoffman) (02/28/90)

In article <CMM.0.88.635726525.cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu>
cmm1@CUNIXA.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Christopher M Mauritz) writes:
> Does anyone know of a porgram that will allow me to add password
> protection to the hard disk of my Mac IIcx?

The DiskLock product from Fifth Generation, Baton Rouge, LA should do
nicely for you.  I use just one piece of it, FolderLock, to encrypt files
and folders, but I do not use the full capability of locking a hard disk
or SCSI.

- Chuck Hoffman, GTE Laboratories, Inc.
cah0@bunny.gte.com
Telephone (U.S.A.) 617-466-2131