[comp.sys.mac] Apples Macromaker

18215MES@MSU.BITNET (02/23/90)

I have a bunch of macros created for NCSAtelnet 2.2, and want to
use 2.3.1 now.... Is it possible to somehow get the macros for
2.2 to also appear for 2.3.1? (I have already tossed 2.2, and
re-named 2.3.1 to 2.2 - this works, and I know I should have removed
the '2.2' from the name of the program which would have solved the
problem, so no flames please...)
Any plans to Enhance Macromaker in System 7.0 ??

Thanks for any info..
Mark Sartor (Mich Stat U. ) (18215mes@msu.bitnet)

englandr@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Scott Englander) (02/25/90)

Simply change the current macro set in use in the MM dialog, load each
macro, then change back to the new macro set and save.  You'll have to
do this for each one.
--

                                               - Scott

dce@smsc.sony.com (David Elliott) (02/26/90)

In article <14080@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> englandr@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Scott Englander) writes:
>Simply change the current macro set in use in the MM dialog, load each
>macro, then change back to the new macro set and save.  You'll have to
>do this for each one.

Yes, and before you do this, learn from your mistakes.

It is usually a good idea to rename applications so that the name is
generic instead of containing the version number.  This way, when
you get a new version, you won't have to worry about copying the
macros.  Hopefully, the version number is in a resource that you
can look at using Get Info from the Finder.

Maybe Apple will fix this in System 7?

--
David Elliott
dce@smsc.sony.com | ...!{uunet,mips}!sonyusa!dce

pasek@ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM (Steve Engelhardt) (03/01/90)

In article <14080@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> englandr@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Scott Englander) writes:
>Simply change the current macro set in use in the MM dialog, load each
>macro, then change back to the new macro set and save.  You'll have to
>do this for each one.

There's a much easier way to do this (which I e-mailed to the original poster):
Open your old macro set.  Select (click to highlight) the first macro you
want to move.  Shift-select subsequent macros.  "Copy" (you have to use
Command-C, as the menu is disabled during MacroMaker's "dialog").  Switch
to new macro set. "Paste" (again, Command-V: no menu).  You've just copied
all your macros from the old set to the new -- I actually thought this was
intuitively obvious to the casual (Mac)Observer.....    ;-)

M. A. Pasek               Software Development              NCR Comten, Inc.
(612) 638-7668              MNI Development               2700 N. Snelling Ave.
pasek@c10sd3.StPaul.NCR.COM                               Roseville, MN  55113