[comp.sys.mac] MaxAppleZoom left side of screen missing

james@utastro.UUCP (James McCartney) (03/01/90)

   This is a followup to a message by someone who said that the left side
10 columns or so of pixels were missing when they used MaxAppleZoom.
Someone else replied that the documentation tells how to readjust the
monitor.
   Well I have the same problem with MaxAppleZoom and readjusting the monitor
doesn't help.
  --- James McCartney

In article <4884@utastro.UUCP> james@utastro.UUCP (James McCartney) writes:

>   This is a followup to a message by someone who said that the left side
>10 columns or so of pixels were missing when they used MaxAppleZoom.
>Someone else replied that the documentation tells how to readjust the
>monitor.
>   Well I have the same problem with MaxAppleZoom and readjusting the monitor
>doesn't help.
>  --- James McCartney

Apparently there are slight differences in video cards that make some lose
pixels with MaxAppleZoom.  You can adjust the parameters the video card
is being given so it will work properly, but as a side effect, the brightness
of the screen will go up-- so you may need to lower the base brightness of
the screen (this is the brightness control behind the panel).
Search for a pattern in MaxAppleZoom like this:
0101xx0405xx0B0Bxx1818, and replace with
0102xx0607xx0E0Exx1b20
This should make it work.  BTW, searching for '0101' should find this
pattern.
(The xx's should be 40, 01, 85, 8B, but don't hold me to that-- I'm reading
them off in octal from EMACS on a unix machine... ughh. I hate octal)
][, ][+, ///, ///+, //e, //c, IIGS, //c+ --- Any questions?