[comp.sys.mac] Want screen blanker that stays blanked

peter@aucs.uucp (Peter Steele) (02/28/90)

Is there a screen blanker that stays blanked until either the mouse
or keyboard is pressed. All the screen blankers I use unblank in
situations where the running program puts up a dialog and I would
rather this be avoided, leaving me to unblank the screen when I
ready to use it again. Any one know of such a screen blanker?

--
Peter Steele, Microcomputer Applications Analyst
Acadia University, Wolfville, NS, Canada B0P1X0 (902)542-2201x121

Leo.Bores@f14.n114.z1.fidonet.org (Leo Bores) (03/02/90)

In an article of <28 Feb 90 12:22:42 GMT>, peter@aucs.uucp (Peter Steele)
writes:

 PS>or keyboard is pressed. All the screen blankers I use unblank in
 PS>situations where the running program puts up a dialog and I would
 PS>rather this be avoided, leaving me to unblank the screen when I
 PS>ready to use it again. Any one know of such a screen blanker?

Try PYRO!

Leo Bores

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!14!Leo.Bores
Internet: Leo.Bores@f14.n114.z1.fidonet.org

brecher@well.sf.ca.us (Steve Brecher) (03/03/90)

In article <1990Feb28.122242.785@aucs.uucp>, peter@aucs.uucp
(Peter Steele) writes:
> Is there a screen blanker that stays blanked until either the mouse
> or keyboard is pressed. All the screen blankers I use unblank in
> situations where the running program puts up a dialog and I would
> rather this be avoided, leaving me to unblank the screen when I
> ready to use it again. Any one know of such a screen blanker?

Pyro! 4.0, just released, lets you choose which actions/events will
wake a sleeping screen.  You can choose any subset from among mouse
move, mouse click, key press, window open/close, (sysbeep or system
notice), and disk insertion.

I am co-author of Pyro! 4.0.
--

brecher@well.sf.ca.us (Steve Brecher)

pophal@nicmad.UUCP (Gerry Pophal) (03/04/90)

In article <1990Feb28.122242.785@aucs.uucp> peter@aucs.uucp (Peter Steele) writes:
>Is there a screen blanker that stays blanked until either the mouse
>or keyboard is pressed. All the screen blankers I use unblank in
>situations where the running program puts up a dialog and I would
>rather this be avoided, leaving me to unblank the screen when I
>ready to use it again. Any one know of such a screen blanker?

 Have you tried AutoBlack? It seems to function as required on a 68000 type
macintosh. I wonder how AfterDark works regarding staying blank?

    gp

bruce@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Bruce Burkhalter) (03/05/90)

In article <3934@nicmad.UUCP> pophal@nicmad.UUCP (Gerry Pophal) writes:
>In article <1990Feb28.122242.785@aucs.uucp> peter@aucs.uucp (Peter Steele) writes:
>>Is there a screen blanker that stays blanked until either the mouse
>>or keyboard is pressed. All the screen blankers I use unblank in
>>situations where the running program puts up a dialog and I would
>>rather this be avoided, leaving me to unblank the screen when I
>>ready to use it again. Any one know of such a screen blanker?
>>
> Have you tried AutoBlack? It seems to function as required on a 68000 type
>macintosh. I wonder how AfterDark works regarding staying blank?
>    gp

After Dark wakes up if you move the mouse, hit a key, insert a disk, or
a dialog box comes up.  If a dialog box comes up, AD will wake up then fall
back asleep after a user set # of minutes.

Bruce Burkhalter
Berkeley Systems, Inc.