[comp.sys.mac] Mac FTP sites

sage@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (David Martosko '91) (08/02/89)

Some months ago, someone posted a list of FTP sites which were
accessible anonymously and had ample Mac stuff to browse through.

Besides SUMEX, what's out there?  If someone has the list, or an
updated one, could you mail me a copy?  Or maybe it's time to
post it again....  Thanx in any case.

Disclaimer?  I don't get paid enough for a disclaimer!
  David Martosko                         E-mail:sage@eleazar.dartmouth.EDU
  Dartmouth College HB 2216               Phone:(603) 640-4663
  Hanover, NH 03755

rcstillw@uokmax.uucp (Robert Carey Stillwell) (03/01/90)

I am fairly  new to this, but I was wondering if anyone had an updated list of
FTP sites for Macs.  I would really appreciate if someone could either post a
list or e-mail me one.  Thanks for the help.

Robert C. Stillwell

jindrich@suna3.cs.uiuc.edu (03/05/90)

While we're on this subject, could someone explain what needs to be done
when you're suppose to use anonymous ftp? login? password?

jindrich@suna3.cs.uiuc.edu (03/05/90)

On last question: could someone tell me the internet (or full) address of
sumex.  I am new to this, and can't find it anywhere.

Thanks for any help,
Bill Jindrich (jindrich@suna3.cs.uiuc.edu)

thewho@portia.Stanford.EDU (Derek Fong) (03/05/90)

In article <37300006@suna3> jindrich@suna3.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

>On last question: could someone tell me the internet (or full) address of
>sumex.  I am new to this, and can't find it anywhere.

Okay here is what you need to do.

type FTP Sumex-Aim.Stanford.edu (or open Sumex-Aim.stanford.edu, if you are
already in the File Transfer Program).

At the Login prompt, type ANONYMOUS

At the Password Prompt, type GUEST

Wallah!  You are now in.  To look at Mac stuff, type cd info-mac
Then you'll be in the main directory where you can "ls" and see what director-
ies are available like cdev, init, hypercard, util, etc.

Hope this helps.

---Derek Fong
fong@cive.stanford.edu
thewho@portia.stanford.edu

roland@dna.lth.se (Roland Mansson) (03/05/90)

In article <9781@portia.Stanford.EDU> thewho@portia.Stanford.EDU (Derek Fong) writes:
>At the Login prompt, type ANONYMOUS
                           *********
Use "anonymous" instead; unix is case sensitive!