[comp.sys.mac] OnCue

jacob@latcs1.oz.au (Jacob L. Cybulski) (03/02/90)

I've seen this nice utility called OnCue.
I like it and would like to register for its use.
The "about" info does not say it is a shareware, so
is it a freeware or a product? How much does it cost?

Jacob

jacob@latcs1.oz.au (Jacob L. Cybulski) writes:

>I've seen this nice utility called OnCue.
>I like it and would like to register for its use.
>The "about" info does not say it is a shareware, so
>is it a freeware or a product? How much does it cost?

It's commercial, when I bought mine it was about $30US. Contact the folks at
ICOM Simulations (312) 520-4440 (according to my copy) about details.
--

Chuq Von Rospach   <+>   chuq@apple.com   <+>   [This is myself speaking]

All spirits are enslaved which serve things evil -- Shelley

mjkobb@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Michael J Kobb) (03/02/90)

In article <7337@latcs1.oz.au> jacob@latcs1.oz.au (Jacob L. Cybulski) writes:
:I've seen this nice utility called OnCue.
:I like it and would like to register for its use.
:The "about" info does not say it is a shareware, so
:is it a freeware or a product? How much does it cost?
:
:Jacob

OnCue is commercial.  It's available from MacWarehouse for $35.

--Mike

Jim.Spencer@p5.f22.n282.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Jim Spencer) (03/03/90)

 >I've seen this nice utility called OnCue.
 >I like it and would like to register for its use.
 >The "about" info does not say it is a shareware, so
 >is it a freeware or a product? How much does it cost?

On Cue is a fully commercial product published by ICOM Simulations (the folks that brought you TMON) so if you have it without having bought it you have violated the copyright.  Check your local software store or mail order house to buy a legitimate copy.  MacConnection has it for $35.

--
Jim Spencer - via FidoNet node 1:282/33
UUCP: ...!uunet!imagery!22.5!Jim.Spencer

wiseman@tellab5.tellabs.com (Jeff Wiseman) (03/06/90)

In article <17.25F106C1@imagery.FIDONET.ORG> Jim.Spencer@p5.f22.n282.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Jim Spencer) writes:

> >I've seen this nice utility called OnCue.
> >I like it and would like to register for its use.
> >The "about" info does not say it is a shareware, so
> >is it a freeware or a product? How much does it cost?
>
>On Cue is a fully commercial product published by ICOM Simulations
>(the folks that brought you TMON) so if you have it without having bought
>it you have violated the copyright.  Check your local software store or
>mail order house to buy a legitimate copy.  MacConnection has it for $35.

There is a possiblity that what was seen was one of the oncue demo programs. I
had a copy of it for quit a while. It is totally functional AS LONG AS YOU
DON'T TURN YOUR MACHINE OFF. It will then "forget" all of its settings.

There were a couple people at work t hat used it like this since they would
configure it when they first turn their machine on (it is very fast to
configure -- nice interface), then they just would not turn their machines off!

I thought that it was a neet idea for demo "protection". Put just enough of a
nuisance into the program and leave the rest fully functional. That way the
people using it, get hooked on the product and then eventually get frustrated
enough to buy it :-)

--
Jeff Wiseman:	....uunet!tellab5!wiseman OR wiseman@TELLABS.COM