[comp.sys.mac] McFace MacFortran Toolkit for FREE !!

robert@polari.UUCP (robert) (03/07/90)

 I just found the following notice posted in comp.archives. The notice
 was apparently not cross posted to comp.sys.mac or comp.sys.mac.programmer,
 so I thought I would post it here myself. If it's on the level, this
 sounds like a good deal for users of Absoft MacFortran. McFace, from
 what I've heard, is a subroutine library designed for people who want
 to slap a quick interface on Fortran programs that they are porting
 to the Mac. I've never used it, but there was a favorable review in
 MacTutor (Vol 3, No. 7 or see "The Essential MacTutor", page 522).
 According to the notice below, it's FREE! And that's a price that's
 hard to resist. A site for anonymous FTP is given below. Now, if some
 kind sole would just post it to comp.binaries.mac ?

 > From: XB.N54@forsythe.stanford.edu (SCA)
 > Newsgroups: comp.archives
 > Subject: [comp.lang.fortran] Macintosh Interface Tools Available
 > Date: 2 Mar 90 02:33:38 GMT
 > Sender: news@math.lsa.umich.edu
 >
 > Archive-name: mcface/v4.0
 > Archive-site: dendrite.stanford.edu [36.83.0.61]
 > Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

 >           McFace Tools 4.0 released for public distribution
 >                         Tensor Laboratories
 >
 > Tensor Laboratories announces the public availability of McFace 4.0.
 > McFace Tools was created to assist Fortran programmers on the
 > Macintosh add a Macintosh interface to their programs.  McFace
 > Tools requires Absoft Fortran for the Macintosh.  McFace Tools is
 > written in Absoft Fortran, all source code is included.
 >
 > McFace Tools was originally released in 1986 as a commercial product.
 > It has evolved continually, however, now Tensor Laboratories would
 > like to thank its customers and provide the entire Macintosh Absoft
 > Fortran community with this latest release, free of charge.
 >
 > The hub for distribution of McFace Tools is the anonymous ftp site
 > dendrite.Stanford.EDU (36.83.0.61).  Tensor Labs encourages any and all
 > users, BBSs and user groups to copy and distribute copies of McFace
 > Tools to interested parties.
 >

 > {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Tensor Laboratories}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
 > Tensor Laboratories           Internet: XB.N54@Forsythe.Stanford.Edu
 > P.O. Box 9723                 Bitnet:   XB.N54@Stanford
 > Stanford, CA 94309            anonymous ftp: dendrite.Stanford.EDU
 >
 > Brand and product names are registered trademarks of their respective
 > holders.

|Robert Riebman                    |  robert@polari                     |
|Northwest Information Technology  |                                    |
|P.O. Box 3156                     |    My own boss and jailer.         |
|Redmond, WA     98073             |                                    |