[comp.sys.mac] MIDI Manager problems

roskill@cs.umass.edu (03/06/90)

Hello again,

I am having the hardest time getting MIDI Manager to work for
me with any consistency.  My system is a Mac Plus with 1 meg
(soon to be 2.5 megs), the Altech Midi interface, Ehman 30meg
hard disk, and I am running 6.0.2.

I am able to load MIDI Manager without problems, but any application
that uses it either crashes while it is running or on exiting the
program.  Sometimes when I load a program that uses MIDI Manager
the fonts are skrewed up (they become bitmapped or something like that).
Even when it is running I can't seem to get information
out to my MIDI instruments.

My question is this:  Is this because of my limited memory, or is
it because of system 6.0.2 or both?  I have hesitated to upgrade
to 6.0.4 because I've heard there are no differences between the
versions for the Mac Plus and because it would mean upgrading
Hypercard as well (to 1.2.5).  Does anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Damian Roskill

|----------------------------------------------------------------|
|"Party For Your Right To Fight"  |  "Welcome to the Terrordome!"|
| Damian Roskill                  |                              |
| Roskill@cs.umass.edu            |                              |
|----------------------------------------------------------------|

nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk (Nick Rothwell) (03/08/90)

In article <10974@dime.cs.umass.edu>, roskill@cs writes:
>I am having the hardest time getting MIDI Manager to work for
>me with any consistency.  My system is a Mac Plus with 1 meg
>(soon to be 2.5 megs), the Altech Midi interface, Ehman 30meg
>hard disk, and I am running 6.0.2.

>My question is this:  Is this because of my limited memory, or is
>it because of system 6.0.2 or both?

Er, neither, I think: I was running MIDI Manager 1.1 on a Mac+,
1Meg, System 6.0.2 for a while, without any problems; 20Meg miniQisk,
and a home-built 1MHz interface. I now have 2.5Meg, and no problems.

Does it even break Anodyne (such info might help, since I wrote it...)?

>Does anybody have any thoughts?

Doin' my best...

>Damian Roskill

		Nick.
--
Nick Rothwell,	Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science, Edinburgh.
		nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk    <Atlantic Ocean>!mcvax!ukc!lfcs!nick