[comp.sys.mac] Adobe

go@oxy.edu (Paul Jonathan Estalilla Go) (03/06/90)

A question that's not really relevant:

Why has Adobe's stock increased 6 points in the past two days? What's up?

Paul
go@oxy.edu

go@oxy.edu (Paul Jonathan Estalilla Go) writes:

>A question that's not really relevant:

>Why has Adobe's stock increased 6 points in the past two days? What's up?

IBM announced it would use Adobe font technology in OS/2.

--

Chuq Von Rospach   <+>   chuq@apple.com   <+>   [This is myself speaking]

All spirits are enslaved which serve things evil -- Shelley

gelphman@adobe.COM (David Gelphman) (03/09/90)

In article <39308@apple.Apple.COM> chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
>go@oxy.edu (Paul Jonathan Estalilla Go) writes:
>
>>A question that's not really relevant:
>
>>Why has Adobe's stock increased 6 points in the past two days? What's up?
>
>IBM announced it would use Adobe font technology in OS/2.
      The announcement was actually more comprehensive that just OS/2.
From our press release:
  "...IBM announced that it intends to provide Adobe's font technology
across IBM Systems Application Architecture (SAA) compliant
operating systems. This will include the Adobe Type 1 font format
and Adobe's font rendering technology."

David Gelphman
Adobe Systems Incorporated

reg@ksr.UUCP (Rick Genter) (03/09/90)

>   "...IBM announced that it intends to provide Adobe's font technology
> across IBM Systems Application Architecture (SAA) compliant
> operating systems. This will include the Adobe Type 1 font format
> and Adobe's font rendering technology."

> David Gelphman
> Adobe Systems Incorporated

Oh boy, Adobe font technology on MVS.  I can hardly wait :-).
					- reg
--
Rick Genter						reg@ksr.com
Kendall Square Research Corporation			(617) 895-9400 x483