[comp.sys.mac] Do Commercial Dial-up Services

Mark.Bryant@p1.f54.n382.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Mark Bryant) (03/09/90)

hoyme@SRC.Honeywell.COM writes:

> I was explaining what MNP-5 compression does and he asked whether
> CompuServe or Genie support compression to speed up down loading. With
> access to Internet, I hve to admit I have never tried any of those
> services.  Does anyone know if the 2400 baud modems used by those
> services recognize data compression?

That's going to depend on the node that he calls locally to connect
to.  In Austin, both the local CIS and GEnie 2400 bps nodes support
MNP-5.

--
Mark Bryant via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!382!54.1!Mark.Bryant