[comp.sys.mac] Enchanted Menus INIT

g3q@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Kevin J Podsiadlik) (03/01/90)

I acquired Enchanted Menus INIT from a public domain library a while ago.
Alas, the docs were missing, and I have not been able to discern any new
effect when it is active.  Does anyone know what this thing does?

Kevin Podsiadlik 				       g3q@mentor.cc.purdue.edu
"This is the Mac. It's _supposed_ to be fun."--1st commandment, Macintosh Bible
Disclaimer: You think they care what I say?  Ha!

clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu (Chaz Larson) (03/01/90)

In article <8017@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> g3q@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Kevin J Podsiadlik) writes:
>I acquired Enchanted Menus INIT from a public domain library a while ago.
>Alas, the docs were missing, and I have not been able to discern any new
>effect when it is active.  Does anyone know what this thing does?

Enchanted Menus, when working, makes your menus appear at random locations on
the screen when you pull them down.

I believe there is a newer version called "Enchanted Menus 88" that works with
the new machines and systems.  I think I've tried it on my SE/30, but I can't
recall just now.

If you would like it, I'd be glad to E-mail it to you.

<chaz>

BTW, this is one of those INITs that's cute for about 30 seconds, after which
you develop a powerful hankering to put your fist through your screen...IMHO.

                 Chaz Larson - clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu
"Great Scott! This 9 foot alien woman is a swinger!
 ...and she has the hots for me!!!"                - Flaming Carrot

bolden@gumby.cs.wisc.edu (Eric Bolden) (03/12/90)

All that Enchated menus does it draw the menus in random places on the screen__
Every time that you select any menu, it will be drawn in some random place on
the screen. If it doesn't work, it is most likely some INIT conflict or it
was turned off with some sort of INIT disabling program. This is a very useless,
but nevertheless very funny INIT ... try throwing it into some unsuspecting
fellow computer users system folder when they aren't looking.

-have fun, eb