Subject:Mac Monitor
Sender:gregor@pawl.rpi.edu
Date: 19 Feb 90 01:15:30 GMT

Hey does anyone know offhand what the commands are fot the debugger that's
called up when you hit the interrupt switch on the side of the machine.
I figured out some from the MacsBug command listing.
(e.g. DM dump memory
	SM change memory
	G Execute at adress
	Dx,Ax,SR Display register x value
)
	Are there any other commadsd or is this all?
	Also where is the debugger stored? in ROM or in system software?
	And how can I substitue my own program in the interrupt service
routine (e.g. get my own routines to run when interrupt is pressed?)

Any reply would be appreciated...

						gregor@pawl.rpi.edu

pcrable@pbs.uucp ( VAX WIZZ) (02/23/90)

Hi Mac People...

I just got Microphone II version 3.0 for my Mac.  I'm having problems
in a script capturing incoming text into either variables or a file.
Here's the script...

  Send Text String "'MLS,ALL,ACTIVE^M^J'"
  Set Variable * msgs from Expression "0"
  While Expression "msgs < 5"
   Set Variable * buf[msgs] from Expression "TheLine( CURSORROW )"
   Set Variable * msgs from Expression "msgs+1"
   Send Text String "'^F'"
  End While
  Send Text String "'^C'"
  Set Variable * max_msg from Expression "msgs"
  Set Variable * msgs from Expression "0"
  While Expression "msgs < max_msg"
   Send Local to Screen "buf[msgs]"
   Set Variable * msgs from Expression "msgs+1"
  End While

The script seems to execute without doing anything. The lines output show
up after the script finishes.

Text capture also seems unreliable.  Sometimes the capture finishes before
it should and other times it doesn't capture anything at all.  (this is from
a script.)

Anyone have any Ideas ?

Phil Crable                              PPPPPPP   BBBBBBB    SSSSSS
Public Broadcasting Service (PBS)        P      P  B      B  S      S
Computer Services Dept.                  P      P  B      B  S
1320 Braddock Place                      PPPPPPP   BBBBBBB    SSSSSS
Alexandria, VA  22314                    P         B      B         S
(703) 739-5052                           P         B      B  S      S
...!uunet!vrdxhq!pbs!pcrable             P         BBBBBBB    SSSSSS

-- Don't beleive anything you hear and only half of what you see...

DSONNTAG@cc.utah.edu (David M. Sonntag, MSPH) (03/14/90)

From: DSONNTAG@cc.utah.edu (David M. Sonntag, MSPH)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple
Subject: Warranty?  Torched SE/030 on 3/8/90=> A wormy apple
Date: 12 Mar 90 16:19:43 MDT

When I first heard rumours, sometime last fall, that Apple was going to
extend their warranty from a meager 90-days, to a more appropriate 12
months, I happily filed the thought away.  On March 8th, I wasn't so
happy.  In fact, I'm quite livid about Apple letting me fall through
the cracks.

On March 8th (!?! Planned obsolescence???), my SE/030 hung up and died.
I bought it last year on April 28th, so the machine was only 10 months-
old.  Of course, Apple didn't make the new warranty retroactive to
cover all those folks whose machines would still be under a 12 month
warranty.  And their "generous" offer of 12 months AppleCare for the
price of 6 doesn't do me a damn bit of good, as no dealer worth his
salt will sign you up for AppleCare for a machine that isn't working.

So meanwhile, it looks like I get to eat the costs of a new motherboard.
This whole thing really irks me, because I have been pushing quite
hard as the new MIS manager to get our company president to take a
look at the Mac.  A typical situation of loving the machine, but
hating the $^%&*@$ company.

Dave Sonntag, MSPH		International EnviroSearch
CompuServe:  71341,1757         (801) 466-1035
Internet:  DSONNTAG@CC.UTAH.EDU