[comp.sys.mac] Changing the clock font in Moire

long@mcntsh.enet.dec.com (Rich Long) (03/07/90)

Can the font used for the clock in Moire be changed, and if so, how?

Thanks!

 /'')  /'~  /   | long@mcntsh.enet.dec.com            | Ramparts are parts of a
/''\  /,,  /,,  | ...!decwrl!mcntsh.enet.dec.com!long |  ram.  People used to
Richard C. Long | long%mcntsh.dec@decwrl.enet.dec.com |  watch o'er them.

wiseman@tellab5.tellabs.com (Jeff Wiseman) (03/08/90)

In article <8953@shlump.nac.dec.com> long@mcntsh.enet.dec.com (Rich Long) writes:
>Can the font used for the clock in Moire be changed, and if so, how?

This isn't quite what you asked for but why not turn off the clock and then get
a copy of SuperClock? SuperClock works fine with Moire's clock turned off. It
also has a lot of neat features (like using the monkey "eep!" to chime the hour
is one of my favorites :-)

--
Jeff Wiseman:	....uunet!tellab5!wiseman OR wiseman@TELLABS.COM

rickc@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Frederick L. Crabbe) (03/09/90)

In article <2219@tellab5.tellabs.com> wiseman@tellab5.UUCP (Jeff Wiseman) writes:
>In article <8953@shlump.nac.dec.com> long@mcntsh.enet.dec.com (Rich Long) writes:
>>Can the font used for the clock in Moire be changed, and if so, how?
>
>This isn't quite what you asked for but why not turn off the clock and then get
>a copy of SuperClock? SuperClock works fine with Moire's clock turned off.
Ah, but SuperClock has an annoying habit of not working in such things as
Microsoft Word. Rather defeats the purpose of having a clock there, if you can't
see it.  The Moire clock is always there. It puts itself on top of a menu if
needed, but I always know what time it is.

ric

Ric.Crabbe@Dartmouth.edu  "It's all tounge in cheek.  The question is: whose
                           tounge and whose cheek?"  -me

derosa@cell.mot.COM (John DeRosa) (03/09/90)

.....and superclock also allows you to change the font to anything
in your system, plus....it works with On Cue...moire doesn't.

Plus...superclock has date, stopwatch, alarmclock, and a
plethera of other options.  Great shareware, if the author
is listening, I send him praise.

a600@mindlink.UUCP (Dave McClean) (03/09/90)

> derosa writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <1565@diamond2.UUCP>
>
> Org.  : Motorola Inc., Cellular Infrastructure Div., Arlington Heights, IL
> Person: John DeRosa
>

> .....and superclock also allows you to change the font to anything
> in your system, plus....it works with On Cue...moire doesn't.
>
> Plus...superclock has date, stopwatch, alarmclock, and a
> plethera of other options.  Great shareware, if the author
> is listening, I send him praise.

I have Moire 3.2 and OnCue1.4 (I think the vesion numbers are correct)
inctalled in a SE/30 and they coexist quite happily.

scott@heim.glendale.ca.us (03/10/90)

...I hesitate to add to the traffic in this group, but....

In article <20168@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> rickc@eleazar.dartmouth.edu
	 (Frederick L. Crabbe) writes:
>>a copy of SuperClock? SuperClock works fine with Moire's clock turned off.
>Ah, but SuperClock has an annoying habit of not working in such things as
>Microsoft Word. Rather defeats the purpose of having a clock there, if

Um, it works for me - I have never had a problem w/ SuperClock w/ any
application I have used over the last year and a half.  And regarding fonts -
my SuperClock uses San Fransico.... (I get lots of comments on this!)

--
Scott Watson - "Inane little message goes here"
    uucp: {rutgers,ames}!elroy!grian!heim!scott

dvb@inmet.inmet.com (03/12/90)

Yes, but memory is still an issue for many!
SuperClock in addition to Moire is quite an addition.

And for someone who _just_ wants a clock, the Moire clock (if the font
were ResEditable?) would be perfect.

I don't know how much to worry, but I always measure the new inits
I drop in around here, and SuperClock keeps getting bigger and bigger.
(And all I want is a nice looking clock...)

David V. Baker
dvb@inmet.inmet.com

wiseman@tellab5.tellabs.com (Jeff Wiseman) (03/13/90)

In article <20168@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> rickc@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Frederick L. Crabbe) writes:
>Ah, but SuperClock has an annoying habit of not working in such things as
>Microsoft Word. Rather defeats the purpose of having a clock there, if you can't

Good point for all those MSWord users out there. However, I felt that the
statement should have read something like:

"Ah, but Microsoft Word has an annoying habit of not allowing SuperClock to
work properly".

From what I've seen, many things are "incompatable" with MSword (screen savers,
font support, communication packages, etc.) simply because MSword is
incompatable with them.

Who's writing applications like they are the only one on the system? I'm not
sure (he desperatly states in order to avoid flame insurance :-) but I make my
guesses from the applications that seem to consistently  be incompatable  with
others.

Anyway, I don't use Word so I can use Superclock if I want. I can also use a
lot of other things that people who need to use word might not be able to use.

I don't know. Is there something in Superclock that "breaks the rules" such
that it is incompatable with many applications? I HAVE noticed that if you are
running the hypercard stacks "The Manhole", the sound can stop working if the
clock chimes the hour.

--
Jeff Wiseman:	....uunet!tellab5!wiseman OR wiseman@TELLABS.COM

levin@bbn.com (Joel B Levin) (03/13/90)

In article <2236@tellab5.tellabs.com> wiseman@tellab5.UUCP (Jeff Wiseman) writes:
|In article <20168@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> rickc@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Frederick L. Crabbe) writes:
|>Ah, but SuperClock has an annoying habit of not working in such things as
|>Microsoft Word. Rather defeats the purpose of having a clock there, if you can't
|
|Good point for all those MSWord users out there. However, I felt that the
|statement should have read something like:

|"Ah, but Microsoft Word has an annoying habit of not allowing SuperClock to
|work properly".

I use Superclock 3.8 and Word 4.0 with no problem.  On my SE the Word
menu is too big to leave enough room for the clock, so it doesn't
appear (at least under Multifinder).  On the II at work there's plenty
of room and it works fine.

	/JBL

=
Nets: levin@bbn.com  |  "There were sweetheart roses on Yancey Wilmerding's
 or {...}!bbn!levin  |  bureau that morning.  Wide-eyed and distraught, she
POTS: (617)873-3463  |  stood with all her faculties rooted to the floor."

long@mcntsh.enet.dec.com (Rich Long) (03/15/90)

In article <53395@bbn.COM>, levin@bbn.com (Joel B Levin) writes...
>I use Superclock 3.8 and Word 4.0 with no problem.  On my SE the Word
>menu is too big to leave enough room for the clock, so it doesn't
>appear (at least under Multifinder). [...]

Ah, this is my big problem with Superclock (Steve, are you out there?).  I'm
the one who started this thread, and I like the way that Moire draws it's
clock no matter what.  I wish Superclock had this as an option...