[comp.sys.mac] medical software for the MAC

dorourke@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (David M. O'Rourke) (09/26/89)

  I have a friend of the family that would like to automate his medical
practice.  He's a general practitioner {sp??} and his main concern is that
the system do Medi-Care & Medi-Cal insurance forms.

  Any help, comments, suggestions would be appreciated.  He would prefer to
go with a Macintosh setup, but right now it looks as though the big bad
blue machine is winning out. :-(

  Thanks...
--
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\|/////////////////////////////////////////
David M. O'Rourke____________________|_____________dorourke@polyslo.calpoly.edu

blob@apple.com (Brian Bechtel) (09/26/89)

In article <1989Sep26.060248.15935@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU>
dorourke@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (David M. O'Rourke) writes:
>   I have a friend of the family that would like to automate his medical
> practice.  He's a general practitioner {sp??} and his main concern is
> that the system do Medi-Care & Medi-Cal insurance forms.
>
>   Any help, comments, suggestions would be appreciated.  He would prefer
> to go with a Macintosh setup, but right now it looks as though the big
> bad blue machine is winning out. :-(

This message gets posted about every other month by someone somewhere
around the world.  There are lots of ways to find out about available
vertical market programs for the Macintosh.

1) Go to any authorized dealer and ask them to use Applelink to find a
listing.  There is a section on Applelink devoted to third-party products
which contains names, addresses, and brief descriptions of each of the
products.

2) Any Apple Field Engineer has a CD-ROM called the Apple Reference &
Presentations Library which contains (among other things) a listing of
2,067 different third party products.  In the area Health Services-Medical
it includes 55 products.

3) Several quarterly magazines contain large lists of vertical third-party
products.  I have an old copy of MacGuide, but there are several other
magazines in this field.

--Brian Bechtel     blob@apple.com     "My opinion, not Apple's"

matt@telesoft.com (Matt Halls @day) (03/15/90)

My father is a physician (GP) and is thinking of purchasing
a computer and software for use in his office.  He would like
to have both medical related software and database/accounting
software.  Seeing as my father and his receptionist have no computer
experience I recommended an Apple Macintosh.  Is there any good medical
software out there for the Macintosh, or should he get an IBM PC
compatible machine?

I can't read this notesgroup so please e-mail all responses.

thanks!
-matt
Matt Halls
ucsd!telesoft!matt