[comp.sys.mac] New LaserWriter Software

ez000453@deneb.ucdavis.edu (03/10/90)

Some of mu users are having trouble printing reverse text on their LaserWriters.
One of them told me that the latest LaserWriter drivers are supposed to fix this problem. Is it available by ftp from anywhere or do I have to call apple for
a copy? Thanks.

oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo
o  COLIN ONG              Dept. Land, Air & Water Resources                 o
o  cgong@ucdavis.edu      University of California, Davis CA 95616          o
o  ez000453@deneb.ucdavis.edu                    FULLY DISCLAIMED!          o

george@huntsai.UUCP (George Williams) (03/15/90)

ez000453@deneb.ucdavis.edu writes:

>Some of mu users are having trouble printing reverse text on their LaserWriters.
>One of them told me that the latest LaserWriter drivers are supposed to fix this problem. Is it available by ftp from anywhere or do I have to call apple for
>a copy? Thanks.

>oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo
>o  COLIN ONG              Dept. Land, Air & Water Resources                 o
>o  cgong@ucdavis.edu      University of California, Davis CA 95616          o
>o  ez000453@deneb.ucdavis.edu                    FULLY DISCLAIMED!          o

I have the 6.0 driver (got it from a friend with one of the CD-ROMs
that came out of Apple), and I still encounter this text reversal
occasionally.  It seems to be dependant on scaling of the text --
certain scale factors cause the problem, change the factor a little
and it goes away, but it sure is annoying.  Hope somebody has a fix
for it...
--
George Williams
E-Mail: ...!uunet!uw-beaver!bcsaic!huntsai!george           Phone: 205+461-2597