[comp.sys.mac] Macintosh Yellow Pages: Worth Having?

suhler@ibm.com (Paul Suhler) (03/07/90)

Has anyone ordered the "Macintosh Yellow Pages," a HyperCard stack
listing various Macintosh-related products.  I'm hesitant because
they're offering a $24 special for the rest of this month that fits on a
single disk, while the upcoming "heavyweight business version" will
be on a CD-ROM.

Is there enough in the single floppy version to make it worthwhile, or
is it just a teaser for the CD-ROM one?

Thanks.  I'll compile and post the responses, if there's any interest.

Paul Suhler
Hybrid Dataflow Systems

butzer@rugby.cis.ohio-state.edu (Dan Butzer) (03/15/90)

In article <1990Mar6.194154.7719@arnor.uucp> SUHLER@IBM.COM writes:
>Has anyone ordered the "Macintosh Yellow Pages," a HyperCard stack
>listing various Macintosh-related products.  I'm hesitant because
>they're offering a $24 special for the rest of this month that fits on a
>single disk, while the upcoming "heavyweight business version" will
>be on a CD-ROM.

In December the Macintosh Yellow Pages people were offering a FREE copy
of this to those that asked for it before some deadline (I think Dec31.)
I filled out the form and sent it in and have yet to receive my Free copy.
A few weeks ago a number of people posted like stories.  Has anyone
received one of these disks yet?

They have run at least one other "Buy it before midnight tonight and get
a real good deal" offers...

I do not know about you but if I were in your shoes I'd make sure that
_someone_ out there has actually seen this stack before paying for it.

--Dan

-=-
       Dan Butzer          || butzer@cis.ohio-state.edu
IICF/CIS Hardware Support  || voice: 614-292-7350  fax: 614-292-9021
   "Fire in the hole..."   || 2036 Neil Ave, Columbus OH 43210