[comp.sys.mac] Apple Warranty

tod@june.cs.washington.edu (Tod Amon) (03/16/90)

DSONNTAG@cc.utah.edu (David M. Sonntag, MSPH) writes:

>On March 8th (!?! Planned obsolescence???), my SE/030 hung up and died.
>I bought it last year on April 28th, so the machine was only 10 months-
>old.  Of course, Apple didn't make the new warranty retroactive to
>cover all those folks whose machines would still be under a 12 month
>warranty.  And their "generous" offer of 12 months AppleCare for the
>price of 6 doesn't do me a damn bit of good, as no dealer worth his
>salt will sign you up for AppleCare for a machine that isn't working.

Well, when my power supply went out shortly after the warranty expired,
(powers supplies at the time were known to have problems) my dealer
kindly signed me up for AppleCare for my broken machine and then fixed it
under AppleCare.  As far as I'm concerned, that dealer was most definitely
"worth his salt".  In your case, it might not hurt to ask.
-tod