[comp.sys.mac] Apple Press Release Hoax

Michael.Burton@p3.f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Michael Burton) (03/16/90)

   Paul Siu wrote:
> I heard about the report about the demise of the low end Mac...
> I guess Apple decided they were better off keeping the low end and
> high end separate, and probably make the Apple II crowd happy...
> Is Apple IIGS supposed to be our multimedia machine?

> In any case, all views above is just a guess, and not entirely
> accurate.  I would like to hear some views and response on this.

   Paul was reacting to a phony "Apple Press Release" someone posted
on the net.  The phony press release appeared to have been written by
a frustrated Apple II owner.
   I wish the net comedians would save up all their hoax messages for
April Fool's Day...

--
Michael Burton via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!200.3!Michael.Burton