[comp.sys.mac] Keyboard Light Sequencer Not on IIci!

rjb1@GTE.COM (Richard J. Brandau) (03/16/90)

long@mcntsh.enet.dec.com (Rich Long) writes:
>In article <1990Mar14.043421.5856@athena.mit.edu>, rrkasegu@athena.mit.edu (Rick R. Kaseguma) writes...
>>Announcing Key Lights - The Keyboard Light Sequencer

>>Key Lights is a CDEV which makes the Num Lock, Caps Lock, and Scroll Lock
>>lights on an Apple Extended Keyboard sequence in a back and fourth motion.

>This sounds neat--I'm really looking forward to it.  One thing I would love to
>see, though, is a screen saver that would do what Key Lights does only when
>the screen is blanked (just like my DEC workstation).

Yeah, well, you better not have a IIci; keylights causes the poor
beast to crash on startup -- but not until after the keylights init
does its thing -- with the interesting result of the Mac being dead in
the water while the key lights merrily sequence.  An impressive use of
whatever processor lives in that keyboard, I guess.

Perhaps if we can shame Kaseguma into posting the source code, we
could patch whatever ails it on the IIci, and turn it into a Darkness
document for your screensaver idea.

ifan572@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Allen Wessels) (03/16/90)

I can't get the Keyboard Light sequencer to work on my SE either.  Even when it is the only INIT active, it crashes my machine with an ID 3 system error the
first time I try to select a menu item in the finder.  I can open disks and
folders without crashing though.