[comp.sys.mac] Converting Word files to ALL uppercase

david@oahu.cs.ucla.edu (David Dantowitz) (03/06/90)

Does anyone have a program to convert the text in a word file to all uppercase?

An alternative would be: what is the format for word files, and so I can write
a small program to perform this task.

Thanks.

David Dantowitz
david@cs.ucla.edu

Singing Barbershop when I'm not computing...

david@oahu.cs.ucla.edu (David Dantowitz) writes:

>Does anyone have a program to convert the text in a word file to all uppercase?

Do you need to keep all the formatting? If not, save it as a text file and
then use either Vantage/McSink or Add/Strip to change it.

>An alternative would be: what is the format for word files, and so I can write
>a small program to perform this task.

Alternatively, if you do need to save formatting data, you could save it in
RTF format, hack the text there, then read the RTF format back in.

If you just need the text to LOOK like all caps, you can simply select it
and use the "ALL CAPS" attribute in the character dialog to change it
without having to go in and really hack the text.

--

Chuq Von Rospach   <+>   chuq@apple.com   <+>   [This is myself speaking]

All spirits are enslaved which serve things evil -- Shelley

Leo.Bores@f14.n114.z1.fidonet.org (Leo Bores) (03/07/90)

In an article of <5 Mar 90 20:16:48 GMT>, david@oahu.cs.ucla.edu (David
Dantowitz) writes:

 DD>Does anyone have a program to convert the text in a word file to all
 DD>uppercase?
 DD>
 DD>david@cs.ucla.edu

Yes - it's called WriteNow 2.0! :-)

Leo Bores

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!14!Leo.Bores
Internet: Leo.Bores@f14.n114.z1.fidonet.org

anderson@Apple.COM (Clark Anderson) (03/17/90)

Dantowitz) writes:

 DD>Does anyone have a program to convert the text in a word file to all
 DD>uppercase?
 DD>
 DD>david@cs.ucla.edu

There is a nifty little DA called McSink that will (among other
things) convert text to all upper/lowercase...
                                 --clark

Clark Anderson                  InterNet:  anderson@apple.com
CPU Engineering                 AppleLink: C.ANDERSON
Apple Computer, Inc             BellNet:   408-974-4593

"I speak only for myself, much to my employer's relief..."