[comp.sys.mac] Cannot run my lightspeed projects on a II Ci

talwar@sierra.Stanford.EDU (Somit Talwar) (03/15/90)

I recently upgraded my computer from a MAC II CX  to a MAC II CI.
Now, I find that I cannot run any of the programs I had written in
LightSpeed Pascal.  I get a System Error ID = 01 whenever I try to run
any of my programs.  This is true for even the simplest of them. I can
however build and save my projects, which subsequently run from the
finder. I am utterly confused.

Could anyone please tell me what I need to do to be able to run my
projects.

Thanks in Advance,

Somit Talwar

E-mail Address:  talwar@sierra.stanford.edu

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (03/17/90)

In article <563@sierra.stanford.edu> talwar@sierra.Stanford.EDU (Somit Talwar) writes:
>I recently upgraded my computer from a MAC II CX  to a MAC II CI.
>
>Could anyone please tell me what I need to do to be able to run my
>projects.

	Use the patcher to upgrade to version 2.03, which will solve your
problems. Alternatively, you can upgrade to version 3.0, which will work fine
on a Mac IIci.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

"When someone who makes four hundred and fifty dollars an hour wants to
tell you something for free, it's a good idea to listen."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hammersslammers1@oxy.edu (David J. Harr) (03/17/90)

In article <2247@husc6.harvard.edu> Rich Siegel says:
>In article <563@sierra.stanford.edu> talwar@sierra.Stanford.EDU (Somit Talw
>>I recently upgraded my computer from a MAC II CX  to a MAC II CI.
>Could anyone please tell me what I need to do to be able to run my
>>projects.

>Use the patcher to upgrade to version 2.03, which will solve your
>problems. Alternatively, you can upgrade to version 3.0, which will work
>fine on a Mac IIci.

Or, of course, you could switch to the new Macintosh built specifically to
be compatible with THINK Pascal 2.01. It's called the "SE", I believe.

:-) :-) :-) (Sorry, I couldn't resist.).